By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Nintendo NX To Feature A Split D-Pad And Share Button

Share button makes sense. Dropping their traditional d-pad, though?

Around the Network

This is obviously BS for two reasons:

First, the NX will feature Nintendo's usual d-pad as always because there's no reason to change it (side note: do you remember the leaks about haptic controllers from not so long ago and how people believed them? ).

And the second reason comes from that drawing because, leaving the quality aside, nobody in their right mind would put an analog stick in the middle of what will be a wiimote-like controller.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Eh, I don't really care if the d-pad is split or not. So not really an issue for me, the share button would be a nice addition though I'm not sure whether to believe this rumour.

The NX reveal can't come soon enough though, i'm actually getting excited for a Nintendo Product for the first time since Mario Kart 8.

Just PLEASE don't be a 6.2 inch humongous handheld, though I'll probably still get an NX anyway, I just won't take it out of the house... ever.

Yeah, I'm sure that they'll be going to the Sony style D-Pad...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

don't care either way about the d-pad. so long as it functions well the details don't matter.

i'd be surprised about them including a share button but i do enjoy it on ps4. the part where it always records the last 10 minutes or whatever is amazing for capturing an epic moment.

no joke,.. i'd pay a lot of money for the same idea as ps4's share button that recorded my life from my PoV. a little camera on my glasses always recorded the last few minutes of life that allowed me to capture those unreproducible life moments i wish i could save forever.

if the product exists i'd appreciate someone linking it for me.

Around the Network

Share button? This is at least a step in the right direction Nintendo. ;)

Indifferent about the share button, but a split d-pad though... yuck.

MohammadBadir said:

I don't want the split D-Pad, but I sadly expected it. If they want each part of controller to work as its own, they need to make the D-Pad match the ABXY.

You may indeed be right. if a left and right part become like a nes/snes controller, then the D-pad needs to be used as the four buttons on the other side. That seems like the only way you can pull the spliting off.

I don't mind for the moment. Nintendo would likely make it work just fine.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Now you can get content ID'd with the press of ONE button!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

CaptainExplosion said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

You may indeed be right. if a left and right part become like a nes/snes controller, then the D-pad needs to be used as the four buttons on the other side. That seems like the only way you can pull the spliting off.

I don't mind for the moment. Nintendo would likely make it work just fine.

But that doesn't make me any less skeptical about it.

It may not be true. But if nintendo will feature a left and right attached controller, their current control scheme will have to change in some way.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.