By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Nintendo NX To Feature A Split D-Pad And Share Button

New mock-up, this one's pretty nice and has a "split" D-Pad design that doesn't look too bad. Dunno about the replacable parts though, replacable parts on swappable controller wings might be getting a bit much, but I do like the d-pad here. 

Also I think the slanted design is good, but wouldn't it make sense the other way around, so that you could have shoulder buttons on a slanted edge, making it easier to press while using the lower controls (ie: the lower d-pad or analog). 

Around the Network

That's pretty ugly.

And again, if you could customize this thing with a regular D-pad and SNES style ABXY buttons anyway, then why would the other variants even exist? What's the point? This all is so not going to happen.

S.Peelman said:
That's pretty ugly.

And again, if you could customize this thing with a regular D-pad and SNES style ABXY buttons anyway, then why would the other variants even exist? What's the point? This all is so not going to happen.

Because for horizontal play in a multiplayer situation, the controller with the split d-pad the other side have equivalent/equal controls

So if I have my NX and I bring it over to your house and you have nothing to play with, it's an instant multiplayer machine with the controllers integrated into the unit.