By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Nintendo NX To Feature A Split D-Pad And Share Button

Nintendo since 1982 = cross D-pad.
Nintendo is now makeing their D-pad like playstations?

Colour me surprised if this is true.

Around the Network

If this is true Nintendo seems to be taking cues from PlayStation. Interesting.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

MohammadBadir said:

I don't want the split D-Pad, but I sadly expected it. If they want each part of controller to work as its own, they need to make the D-Pad match the ABXY.

This actually makes sense.

If the four directions of the D-pad, when disconnected from the gamepad, and used as a single controller,...

Still... its weird to see Nintendo doing away with their cross style D-pad, to make one kinda like playstations.

I love these rumors. I hope Nintendo never reveals the NX, really enjoying the Schrodinger's cat thing it has going for it.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Dat effort tho

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
MohammadBadir said:

I don't want the split D-Pad, but I sadly expected it. If they want each part of controller to work as its own, they need to make the D-Pad match the ABXY.

This actually makes sense.

If the four directions of the D-pad, when disconnected from the gamepad, and used as a single controller,...

Still... its weird to see Nintendo doing away with their cross style D-pad, to make one kinda like playstations.

Yeah. I mean, Nintendo's never let me down in terms of controllers, but I'd miss the cross D-Pad. It was kinda iconic, and the reason I use a pro controller on my PC over an XB/PS one.

Ka-pi96 said:
That actually sounds like an improvement on the d pad side.

I really hate that stupid share button though. The amount of times I've pressed it (not even once was intentional) and it's loaded up some annoying menu.

Me too, but I guess it is because we are used to the SELECT button, the super modern, youtube engaged new gamers probably think the Share button is the most awesome thing ever.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

JRPGfan said:

Nintendo since 1982 = cross D-pad.
Nintendo is now makeing their D-pad like playstations?

Colour me surprised if this is true.

I guess they want the D-pad to double as four button when you detach the controler, get it?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I think this is for multiplayer on the go. With a split D-Pad you can make the D-pad work like face buttons (and vice versa). So if the controllers are detachable you can have local 2-player games wih everyone having roughly the same controller layout.

Also, that picture gets a gold star.

CaptainExplosion said:
This rumor is pushing me to my limit of how much bullshit I can take.

Welcome to my world NX rumors are tbe absolute worst