By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky erases discoveries after 2 weeks *NOW FIXED

LurkerJ said:
BasilZero said:

Just give it a few months and we'll see threads about FFXV by people who

a) hate the series , didnt play it and will make threads about the metacritic score, find piss poor articles in random shady websites, bad sources

b) never played any game in the series and is clueless about how a FF game is actually played and may compare FFXV to action games like Devil May Cry (i.e. like that one random dude who said Uncharted was hard - bet he'll play FFXV and will say shooting mechanics are 2 hard!)

c) Who has strong nostalgic glasses for older FF games and just refuses change when it comes to a series that practically changes the game play system for each new game that comes out

tl;dr

And you are already defending a game that you have no idea how it will be received. You must have Final-Fantasy shaped dildos. 

Guess you're going to be one of the people who mindlessly hate on the game huh.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
zero129 said:
SvennoJ said:

It's not a survival game. It's an exploration game with upgrade elements to make exploration easier after a while. I don't like survival games very much, yet enjoy NMS. I enjoy exploring in ED more than staying in the bubble, as you are practically invulnerable once you get out there.

I think most people don't enjoy it since they're haven't played anything else like it ;)

You see it as an Exploration game but i see it as a Survival game.

Exploration game means your exploring right? well i guess 80% of survival games released could fit into this genre also.

Survival games = exploring for resources (Something you spend 90% of your time doing in No Mans Sky), Trying to stay alive, Crafting, getting more resources, Fighting Animals/zombies/robots whatever is in the game to fight etc.

I think the game fits more into the survival expect then the Exploring expect.

I see surviving more as digging in. Sure you explore your surroundings but you also make a home you keep getting back to. You get familiar in your surroundings and only go further out when you need something special or run out.

NMS and explation in Elite Dangerous is more of the nomadic kind. The game isn't made to stay in one place. You explore, make some notes perhaps, take what you need, move on.

The story is different between survival and exploration games. Survival is the story of building up your existence and thriving against the odds. Exploration is about the journey, what will you see along the way. Both are open ended and have plenty overlap yet are different experiences.

Lrdfancypants said:
I remember being a kid thinking I'd love to make video games for a living and how much fun it'd be. Thank god dreams get destroyed in life. Whew, dodged that bullet.

You got that damn right. I know game devs today WOULD LOVE to shove redwoods up these people's asses. 

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
LurkerJ said:

And you are already defending a game that you have no idea how it will be received. You must have Final-Fantasy shaped dildos. 

Guess you're going to be one of the people who made mindlessly hate on the game huh.

If it turns out to be an easy target like NMS, why not? 

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

Don't you get uppity with me, mister D=<

And yeah, it's relaxing. There's no rush, no danger, no goal; just explore. Yeah, you need resources to travel, but they're so obscenely easy to find that it's a non-issue.

That "Is" part of the issue. Or at least for me anyways. I dont want every planet to have every resource and be pretty much a diffrent skin of the planet i just visited. I want a reason to "explore" by having to go and find different planets for different resources etc. I want different planets to "Feel" different. Shorter or longer days/nights, Lower or Higher gravity so on one planets i could move jump really fast and on another i might be like a slug.

Stuff like this would make it an exploration game since you would have many reasons to explore. However as it is you have no reason to move from your starting planet other then to get to the center of the galaxy and well we all know what whats there xD.

Except that's only an issue of the game identifies as a survival. And it's not :P (not to me, anyway)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
zero129 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

And this is the first post I've seen you post about the game that I agree with. In fact every NMS owner I've talked to would agree with you. But you have to understand why people stood up for the game, almost every thread didn't allow for people to voice the other side of the story. It was either hate it or GTFO.

A good percentgae of of post in the 1 of many negative NMS threads where just trolls and flaming. If you had a positive opinion of the game it was quickly mocked and ignored. You literally have one side causing the split by being OTT negative and repeating the same thing again and again in different posts. Then you have the people that played it (I believe you have also) that know most of the stuff being said isn't deserved or an outright lie which then causes a split. People that are being negative for the sake of it and people that feel that then need to defend it from the enslaught of negativity.

There was never an opportunity for fans to mix and discuss it properly.

I dont hate No Mans Sky its that i wanted to love it so much why im disapointed i was lied to but like i said this wouldnt even be such a big deal for me if Sean would just come out and say something on it. However im not blind and i can see the protental is there for one of the greatest games ever made, it just goes by what Sean does from here. I guess what im trying to say is i really just hope he does the right thing and doesnt charge for what he promised or let the fans down even more.

I respect that and agree with you.

BasilZero said:
LurkerJ said:

Sorry bro, but I dont spin that way. Not a waifu hunter or a foreveralone person l0l

If I'm defending a game that I have no idea how it will be received - then you are attacking a game that you have no idea how it will be received. Two things which are stupid and a waste of time - you might as well go play a MMO or a MOBA and waste your life there.

I'm just stating facts - this is pretty much the norm for any major release specifically for the Final Fantasy series.

Besides defending a game on the internet is too boring - I rather play the game , finish it and then move on to the next game rather than making a bunch of apologist threads for certain games and companies - like people on this site do.

My post was out of line. I apologize, and I welcome the in-coming ban. It's just suddeny that I had to scroll up to make sure I am still in the same thread. What does this have to do with FF? 

I am not hating on FF. I merely stated that's kinda hypocritical to dened a game you haven't played yet, while calling out "the haters". You are guilty of what you are preaching.

New Patch up. Go get it folks.

The PS5 Exists. 

zero129 said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Me either.  I haven't found anyone as well but I edited above that my son and I have had that happen in TESO many times as well.  It's not unusual.  The only difference is this is so vast there isn't 50 other people standing around when it happens.  It's just the two people.  

Two people who tried a number of different times and a number of different things to try see each other and make sure it wasnt just a "glitch" . So no the game has "No" multiplayer at all.

I guess you didn't bother reading my comments on the matter.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

alternine said:
Lrdfancypants said:
I remember being a kid thinking I'd love to make video games for a living and how much fun it'd be. Thank god dreams get destroyed in life. Whew, dodged that bullet.

You got that damn right. I know game devs today WOULD LOVE to shove redwoods up these people's asses. 

Lol. Yeah.  I couldn't imagine making a game in this day and age.  You'd need some thick skin.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....