By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky erases discoveries after 2 weeks *NOW FIXED

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Do you actually believe in what you just said?

Not really. To be honest i think why most of them still enjoy it so much is that they never played many other survival games, so its taking them longer to get burned out then say someone like me who played tones of survival games.

However the is some fans who will make up excuses for the game, but i believe thats cos they really are enjoying it a lot since they didnt really play anything else like it.

I know from when i first played my first survival game, The Forest back in like Alpha02 or something like that. The wasnt much to do in the game at the time but it was new to me and i spend hours just surviving.

It's not a survival game. It's an exploration game with upgrade elements to make exploration easier after a while. I don't like survival games very much, yet enjoy NMS. I enjoy exploring in ED more than staying in the bubble, as you are practically invulnerable once you get out there.

I think most people don't enjoy it since they're haven't played anything else like it ;)

zero129 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Do you actually believe in what you just said?

Not really. To be honest i think why most of them still enjoy it so much is that they never played many other survival games, so its taking them longer to get burned out then say someone like me who played tones of survival games.

However the is some fans who will make up excuses for the game, but i believe thats cos they really are enjoying it a lot since they didnt really play anything else like it.

I know from when i first played my first survival game, The Forest back in like Alpha02 or something like that. The wasnt much to do in the game at the time but it was new to me and i spend hours just surviving.

If you truly enjoy something you tend to forgive it's faults, even ones that have game breaking bugs.  It's probably no more complicated than that.  This isn't the first game nor will it be the last.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Einsam_Delphin said:
baloofarsan said:

I meant that I really did not pay attention to the ammo.

All I am saying is that I got the same game that I saw two years ago. I do not why other people expected a multiplayer FPS.

How can you get a multiplayer game of any kind out of this qoute?

“Can you run into other people,” asked Colbert, “other players on the game?”

“Yes, but the chances of that are incredibly rare just because the size of what we’re building.”

If Colbert was a real journalist he should have asked more:

Can you interact or speak with the other player? Can you kill the other player? 

Colbert (and the rest of the internet) seems to think that if you can run into another player then of course you can kill them.

Who is complaining about No Man's Sky because it's not an online fps? I've never heard this. What I have heard though is Sean Murray saying there is multiplayer when in fact there is none, among many other falsitys, and so the internet is rightfully getting on him for lying. 

I keep reading that you say he's a liar. Yes, there is currently no multiplayer, but I fail to see why they would add the ability to find the nearest player to you without some intention of adding it in the future. 

Are there more lies you're referring to? Or is that the only one? 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

zero129 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's giving me just as much pleasure watching the people trying to destroy this game, and failing, as it is actually playing it. This game isn't going away, sorry.

Im not sure anyone really wants the game to go away. But you cant blame people for wanting what they where promised and being pissed when its not there.

Not all of us are new to the Survival/Space genre so not all of us are going to be as forgiving to a lier until he trys to fix his lies.

Can i ask has Sean still been silent about the whole thing or has he talked about his plans going forward??.

I think your problem is that you think it's a survival game. It's not. It's also not an RPG, or an adventure, or an FPS. It's just a relaxing exploration game. And not everyone likes those, but not liking a game because you've got the genres mixed up... That's silly. 

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Who is complaining about No Man's Sky because it's not an online fps? I've never heard this. What I have heard though is Sean Murray saying there is multiplayer when in fact there is none, among many other falsitys, and so the internet is rightfully getting on him for lying. 

I keep reading that you say he's a liar. Yes, there is currently no multiplayer, but I fail to see why they would add the ability to find the nearest player to you without some intention of adding it in the future. 

Is it proven there isn't MP?

i know two guys couldn't see each other because it's been plastered all over this site but I've had that happen with my son in Destiny.  Both unable to see each other at same spot.  I don't know the intricacies or the why's because we flew away and back several times and restarted till we could see each other and moved on.

Is the only example the one instance of two guys?  

Edit: He and I have also had it happen in TESO as well many times. 

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
Azuren said:

i know two guys couldn't see each other because it's been plastered all over this site but I've had that happen with my son in Destiny.  Both unable to see each other at same spot.  I don't know the intricacies or the why's because we flew away and back several times and restarted till we could see each other and moved on.

I dunno, I haven't even found someone else yet. The whole point of this game is to be so massively huge that you could never find someone. 

thismeintiel said:
If this game had been a fully multiplat game, everyone would have stopped bitching and hating a week ago. But, since it's a PS4 "exclusive" gotta keep that hate alive. Oh well. Glad to hear some are enjoying it for what it is. And hopefully Murray will get more features patched in.

It's not a PS4 exclusive though. You couldn't even make yourself say exclusive, you had to say "exclusive". So you should have known you were incorrect before you even hit submit. We've known the game is coming to Xbone since the day it launched on PC, which IIRC was like two or three days after PS4. So just to correct you, the "hate" has nothing to do with it being a PS4 "not an exclusive in any way shape or form", it has to do with misleading marketing, lies, cut features, and I would imagine for many people, just general disappointment as the game has turned out to be very average at best.

Furthermore, I would argue it would be a good thing for the game to have been multiplatform from the start. It certainly wouldn't have been given as much time and spotlight from Sony if it were also launching day one on Xbone. The hype wouldn't have been as big, which logic would dictate would mean less interviews for Murray to go and lie in, plus less motivation for him to lie at all. Plus maybe they then don't launch it at $60. Maybe then it could have been an actual indie price like it should have been.

Azuren said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I dunno, I haven't even found someone else yet. The whole point of this game is to be so massively huge that you could never find someone. 

Me either.  I haven't found anyone as well but I edited above that my son and I have had that happen in TESO many times as well.  It's not unusual.  The only difference is this is so vast there isn't 50 other people standing around when it happens.  It's just the two people.  

Marco....

How do you play this game