By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky erases discoveries after 2 weeks *NOW FIXED

The moment you realize people will pay you $60 to play an indie game which seems to be on alpha stage haha.

Around the Network
BreedinBull said:
Update (08/27/2016): The user who first discovered that No Man’s Sky wipes your discoveries has updated his post to reveal that after re-downloading and reloading the game several times, his discoveries reappeared. The user believes it might be a server bug that is causing this issue.

Source: OPs Source.

Shhhh.. people LOVE to hate on No Man Sky!!!

Well that destroys a huge and very interesting game feature...

Barkley said:

Shhhh.. people LOVE to hate on No Man Sky!!!

Well like I said, even if it were true it'd still be the least of their problems. And yes I do love it that most people are able to see through the bullshit, I love that the attempt to deceive us has been met with the proper reaction.

mZuzek said:
Yerm said:

while i do admit i am not a fan of this game (obviously), this was not exactly a hate post, but more of a disappointment post. mainly what i was trying to get across was that already at launch a lot of promised features were not present, and now even the ones that are present do do not live up to their name. its like if you were expecting to recieve a sandwich but instead got a piece of bread. the disappointment would cause me to lose interest, just as No Man's Sky has. 

but maybe you could shine some light then. i was under the influence that making the discoveries and categorizing them was the one thing left that attracted people to this game. but if it really is that fun for you, maybe you could provide a few reasons for why you enjoy it

Reasons why I've been enjoying the game so far:

- I wasn't ultra hyped for it and decided to not follow any news about it for over 2 years, therefore not expecting it to be anything more than what I got.

thats fantastic, but what do you like about it? you didnt really answer my question. you knew nothing about it so you had zero expectations so is that your argument? you basically just said "I like the game because it is better than nothing." but what part of the game, what actual feature, makes it fun to play?

Around the Network
Yerm said:

You should change the OP and thread title, it's been confirmed as wrong.

More problems are growing....

The funny thing is all this ruckus actually makes me interested in this game. It has a neat premise.

I remember being a kid thinking I'd love to make video games for a living and how much fun it'd be. Thank god dreams get destroyed in life. Whew, dodged that bullet.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Einsam_Delphin said:
baloofarsan said:

What is in a space exploration game as you see it? Multiplayer? Killing? Rotating planets? Space battles? What is it that you did not get from this game?

I didn't get a good game, but more specifically on the exploration, it's not really space exploration, just planet exploration, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except that the planets are mostly just skin-swaps. What very limited things you can do on one planet you can do on all of them, the only really difference is the visuals, which could also be fine as a game you just sightsee in, but then that's where the survival aspect ruins even that. To do literally anything requires constant resources, and getting resources involves... shooting rocks... Very tedious and boring, a huge problem when that's half the game if not moreso. It's just not worth suffering through the monotonous gameplay just to sightsee.

For some it is worth it to get through the initial grind. Getting resources is very fast with upgrades and later on you can last for hours and need much less of anything. Only rare planets with very hostile wildlife can still make you run.

It's hard to find a balance. Some say the survival aspect is too easy, it should be harder to survive. The resources should be more rare and not available on the same planet. Battles should be hard, space battles given meaning as the only resource for certain things perhaps.
And others just want to explore, yet find something unique on every planet. Mostly empty planets with settlements a rare thing to encounter.

I think pure exploration, the journey not the discovery, is not for everyone. In Elite Dangerous it's only a fraction of players that bothers with exploring the galaxy. NMS made exploration very easy yet is missing some basic features. Being able to find systems on the map would be a great start, as well as being able to zoom out to see your path.

There were a lot of expectations for NMS, a lot of them for completely different games. That's mostly the developers fault as they put some of everything in the game, cut most of it back out while never reigning in expectations.

Without having followed the hype, what the game clearly shows as cut back:
- Crafting was supposed to be a lot more detailed, rare resources aren't used for anything, recipe for warp cell seems to have been simplified, plenty upgrades don't have follow ups.
- A lot of items that drop aren't used for anything.
- Portals on worlds that don't do anything
- Beacons and observatories that claim to locate something on distant worlds, only to point to something standard locally
- Fighting or rescuing traders is pointless
- Trading is pointless
- The atlas interface 'quest' seems unfinished, no point to the end of it.

The game should have been in development for another year. It's simply not finished.