By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky erases discoveries after 2 weeks *NOW FIXED

zero129 said:
thismeintiel said:
If this game had been a fully multiplat game, everyone would have stopped bitching and hating a week ago. But, since it's a PS4 "exclusive" gotta keep that hate alive. Oh well. Glad to hear some are enjoying it for what it is. And hopefully Murray will get more features patched in.

How exactly is it a PS4 exclusive?.

Notice the quotes, It's a ps4 console exclusive.

But if we don't want to count it then fine, Gears 4 isn't an exclusive, Forza Horizon 3 isn't an exclusive, Quantum break isn't an exclusive... shall we go on?

Around the Network
Barkley said:
zero129 said:

How exactly is it a PS4 exclusive?.

Notice the quotes, It's a ps4 console exclusive.

But if we don't want to count it then fine, Gears 4 isn't an exclusive, Forza Horizon 3 isn't an exclusive, Quantum break isn't an exclusive... shall we go on?

Zero doesn't... Oh never mind. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

so much hate for this game.... We get it you dont like it. That doesnt mean other people cant have fun with it. Reminds me of The Order.

Can a mod change the thread title, because the OP clearly doesn't want to for 'some' reason.

Barkley said:
Can a mod change the thread title, because the OP clearly doesn't want to for 'some' reason.

Hi, OP here. its not that i didnt want tochange the thread or edit anything, its more like i start school again soon and i have been very busy. as a result i didnt have time to read through all the replies just to find one telling me it was fixed.

Around the Network
BreedinBull said:
Update (08/27/2016): The user who first discovered that No Man’s Sky wipes your discoveries has updated his post to reveal that after re-downloading and reloading the game several times, his discoveries reappeared. The user believes it might be a server bug that is causing this issue.

Source: OPs Source.

Well, that helps a little, I guess. At least on a moral level. Until it's fixed though, it's all the same from a practical standpoint. I paid $87 CND for it. NOT regretting I returned it last weekend. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Yerm said:
Barkley said:

Hi, OP here. its not that i didnt want tochange the thread or edit anything, its more like i start school again soon and i have been very busy. as a result i didnt have time to read through all the replies just to find one telling me it was fixed.

Well I did quote you like less than a minute after your last post. :P

But no worries, and apologies for being a little douchey.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, but this goes both ways. If it would've been multi and would not have gotten the Sony treatment in terms of marketing and exclusive association, the hype would've been way lower and the talk before release would not have had the ridiculous amount of unjustified levels to a point where there were death threats because of a delay and ddos because of a review.

Oh , the " its sony fault " was the only thing missing in this thread for it to be completed. They just gave the game more exposure in the conferences it was Sean that did all the talking, the game was hyped since Sean revealed it in those game awards years ago , everthing talked about those game awards was how bad it was and how good this game looked. Hyped started  there not because of sony.

Learn to read instead making out of a post what you wanted to hear.

Without Sony and its marketing push for that game, thus the game being console exclusive, generates automatically hype for certain people. 

This is not the case for multiplatform games.

It's funny how the OP described this as intentional, and now it's fixed already. Really, deleting the discoveries is more work than keeping them, so I don't know why anyone would intentionally want to delete the discoveries. It's not like server storage is that expensive that data has to be deleted. To me, it seems like someone wanted to see this in the worst light possible instead of evaluating the situation as realistically as possible.

walsufnir said:
SvennoJ said:
Always fun to see a new nms thread after another satisfying 3 hour run. Platinum trophy unlocked, still not bored as I got with TW3 after this many hours. And that's with the game only half finished!

Nobody ever said the game cannot be fun to some people.

There's a small poll here;

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/08/poll_are_you_still_playing_no_mans_sky

So far about half  think its amazing to good, about 69% think its at least ok. 20% think its disappointing and 10% think its actual rubbish. So 30% are negative.

You'd never know that reading many forums you assume most people are negative such is the hate campaign.

Personally I think its game of the year. I'm really enjoying it but totally understand why some may not feel the same way.

It also seems to be evoling into a better game all the time. 

I've always liked this kind of game though historically and love exploring as part of gaming and don't seem to mind the grind.

There seems to be some people that think the game delivered less than promised but I think that can be applied to many games. I think the majority take the game as it was released and didn't follow all the Sean interviews expecting every feature mentioned day 1.

Christ if I got angry about hype, I'd be angry at just about every movie, console manufacturer's for weaker spec, tv series tons of stuff that promised much but delivered much less.