By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda breath of the wild new "Biggoron Sword" footage

Blades on chains like Kratos would be really nice.

And a huge pole vault for jumping over gaps.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
As a medieval guy I don't care much about katanas, but I wonder, how does the Nintendo community here on VGC feel about Zelda going so heavily on open world?

Zelda was at least partly open world (hub based) in the past too, but to me it feels like Zelda has now embraced the Western open world sandbox mentality, almost like a Ubisoft game.

Personally I am very hyped about the NX, but strangely I don't feel as strongly about the new Zelda as I thought I would. What is wrong here exactly?

The impressions made on me whilst younger are NES related not super or gameboy or others that people have.  As an example I think alot of people immediately think or relate pokemon when the word Nintendo is said.  I have no such relation but this Zelda is probably close to what dreams were in my head as younger me played the NES.  I'm excited for that reason.

I do not own a wiiu but did own two wii's.  I had not owned a Nintendo system since the NES.  This game makes me want to buy an NX.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

People on here have been saying sometime last year how they wanted Zelda to be more like the original again, less liniar, more surprising and difficult. Some people suggested Dark Souls was sort of a spiritual successor to the original LoZ and that modern Zelda should take cues from it.

Well, Nintendo seems to agree.

SuperNova said:
People on here have been saying sometime last year how they wanted Zelda to be more like the original again, less liniar, more surprising and difficult. Some people suggested Dark Souls was sort of a spiritual successor to the original LoZ and that modern Zelda should take cues from it.

up, the game is developed by a younger staff  and they have the right inspirations.

I want the return of the goron hammer. Otherwise I'd like to see a weapon that they never use like maybe a whip or a yoyo. Yoyos were originally meant to be weapons.

Around the Network
Lrdfancypants said:
Slimebeast said:
As a medieval guy I don't care much about katanas, but I wonder, how does the Nintendo community here on VGC feel about Zelda going so heavily on open world?

Zelda was at least partly open world (hub based) in the past too, but to me it feels like Zelda has now embraced the Western open world sandbox mentality, almost like a Ubisoft game.

Personally I am very hyped about the NX, but strangely I don't feel as strongly about the new Zelda as I thought I would. What is wrong here exactly?

The impressions made on me whilst younger are NES related not super or gameboy or others that people have.  As an example I think alot of people immediately think or relate pokemon when the word Nintendo is said.  I have no such relation but this Zelda is probably close to what dreams were in my head as younger me played the NES.  I'm excited for that reason.

I do not own a wiiu but did own two wii's.  I had not owned a Nintendo system since the NES.  This game makes me want to buy an NX.  

Cool. So when you were playing the original 2D Zelda on the NES as a kid you actually saw something that was close to Zelda: Breath of the Wild in your head?

You must have had a wild imagination, but I think that makes sense.

Slimebeast said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Cool. So when you were playing the original 2D Zelda on the NES as a kid you actually saw something that was close to Zelda: Breath of the Wild in your head?

You must have had a wild imagination, but I think that makes sense.

As a kid I always dreamed what I'd love a game to add or do or be like.  I know it sounds weird but I'd go to bed and whatever game I was hooked on kind of took over my dreams.  I played alot of text adventures while younger with my family and you can imagine what Zelda was like coming from that.  This Zelda seems more akin to the NES which seriously has me wanting an NX.  I think that's interesting because I wonder if any other NESers are thinking this?

If they launch with duck hunt I think I might get really excited. Lol

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

bunchanumbers said:
 I'd like to see a weapon that they never use like maybe a whip or a yoyo

Skyward Sword had a whip. 

onionberry said:
SuperNova said:

up, the game is developed by a younger staff  and they have the right inspirations.

True, Aonuma talks that they have lots a new young staff in Zelda team with fresh look and new ideas.

spurgeonryan said:
ughhhh....wwwwhat happened to the visuals? They become more and more cartoons every time I see it. Now open world is the only thing it has going for it. Basically has the sound effects and visuals of Wind waker.

I relly dont know what are you talking about.

Latest video
https://amp.twimg.com/v/04755c8a-9442-442f-b66c-97b049bc007c