By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda breath of the wild new "Biggoron Sword" footage

Not exactly, but big nonetheless!  also an axe,bokoblin arm and fire rod

Now imagine Link with two daggers or a katana, I need that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlmKdy4m1-w

what kind of weapons you want?

Around the Network

As a medieval guy I don't care much about katanas, but I wonder, how does the Nintendo community here on VGC feel about Zelda going so heavily on open world?

Zelda was at least partly open world (hub based) in the past too, but to me it feels like Zelda has now embraced the Western open world sandbox mentality, almost like a Ubisoft game.

Personally I am very hyped about the NX, but strangely I don't feel as strongly about the new Zelda as I thought I would. What is wrong here exactly?

Great balls of fire.

Slimebeast said:
As a medieval guy I don't care much about katanas, but I wonder, how does the Nintendo community here on VGC feel about Zelda going so heavily on open world?

Zelda was at least partly open world (hub based) in the past too, but to me it feels like Zelda has now embraced the Western open world sandbox mentality, almost like a Ubisoft game.

Personally I am very hyped about the NX, but strangely I don't feel as strongly about the new Zelda as I thought I would. What is wrong here exactly?

It looks fun. Still, I play Zelda for the dungeons so dungeons better be there.

Slimebeast said:

I think this is the right direction, we don't know much about the game but I like what I see. 5 years developing an open world zelda game without motion control mechanics unlike skyward sword, also customization, voice acting, cute art style, different weapons, a lot of new mechanics and side content...only good things can happen. Can't wait to see the nx version and a story trailer.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Slimebeast said:

over 100 mini dungeons/shrines and an unknown quantity of big dungeons.

RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

People who have played Zelda since the very first game are going to tell you that an open world is a return to Zelda's roots.

What is wrong with you is that you need to be told what you are supposed to like, and you think that this Zelda does not represent what Zelda should be. So in order to correct this, I am going to tell you that this Zelda is looking great and you should feel the same way.

;)

RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

People who have played Zelda since the very first game are going to tell you that an open world is a return to Zelda's roots.

What is wrong with you is that you need to be told what you are supposed to like, and you think that this Zelda does not represent what Zelda should be. So in order to correct this, I am going to tell you that this Zelda is looking great and you should feel the same way.

lol

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

onionberry said:
KLAMarine said:

over 100 mini dungeons/shrines and an unknown quantity of big dungeons.

Good to hear. Can't wait to play.

I wonder how many gamers are going to use any other weapon after they find the mastersword.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar