By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda breath of the wild new "Biggoron Sword" footage

spurgeonryan said:
ughhhh....wwwwhat happened to the visuals? They become more and more cartoons every time I see it. Now open world is the only thing it has going for it. Basically has the sound effects and visuals of Wind waker.

God your comments are so random. The game has exactly the same graphics as they had on the E3.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
ughhhh....wwwwhat happened to the visuals? They become more and more cartoons every time I see it. Now open world is the only thing it has going for it. Basically has the sound effects and visuals of Wind waker.

...What?  It looks identical to the E3 2016 footage which looked identical to the teaser clip from 2015 which looked remarkably close to the E3 2014 footage.  It's the same art style...

Nuvendil said:
spurgeonryan said:

...What?  It looks identical to the E3 2016 footage which looked identical to the teaser clip from 2015 which looked remarkably close to the E3 2014 footage.  It's the same art style...

He even made a thread about it ...

I guess is because video compression, some people still don't get that video compression makes games look way worse than what they will look on your tv.

Qwark said:
I wonder how many gamers are going to use any other weapon after they find the mastersword.

I'm predicting the master sword won't be usable. It appears to be rusted. I'd welcome it being usable for the final boss fight and then becoming usable in NG+.

MrSimon said:

Blades on chains like Kratos would be really nice.

Especially now that they've been taken away from him :(

Around the Network

Why does Link look like he's carrying a much larger weapon than what the Biggoron looks like. Either way, Fire Rod!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Goodnightmoon said:

God your comments are so random. The game has exactly the same graphics as they had on the E3.

That iis the NX version ? Cause if that is WiiU its probably the best looking wiiU game so far.

OT: this game is the proof  that sometimes less is more, simply artsyle yet looks so good. I wish somes devs stopped trying to push the graphics so much that in the end they need to downgrade it and it looks bad, square take notes ...

It's suposed to be the WiiU version and it looks just like what they showed on the treehouse which was 100% running on a WiiU (they played it with the wiiu gamepad). I agree, in fact I think is the best looking game of the console by far and the most beautiful. It will probably age as well as games like Journey or Wind Waker thanks to that artstyle.

Goodnightmoon said:

The more I see of this game, the more I fall in love. 

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

The more I see of this game, the more I fall in love. 

Good.

Means that you'll buy an NX on launch day because of the imminent cancellation of the Wii U version.

If the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild is cancelled, I will never buy an NX.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

If the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild is cancelled, I will never buy an NX.

We both know that that is a lie. You won't deprive yourself of the best games out of a false sense for pride.

Don't underestimate how bitter and salty I can be.