By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ price increasing in the United States, Canada and Brazil on September 22nd

Yup. Lots of articles after E3 about how PS was trying to figure out how to get the price of the Neo down. This probably led them to the decision to make PS4 (Slim) as basic and cheap as possible to undercut the One S, $199-$249, then raise the cost of PS Plus to subsidize PS4 Neo so it's not way to much more than One S, say $399-$429.

Around the Network

People need to realize that there's no such thing as "for the gamers". There never was. Sony was never "for the gamers". They were "for the money"... and the money only rolls in when they can convince people to GIVE them their money. This generation, Sony played the roll of big brother, looking out for our little gaming lives. They used MS's evil image and horrible online only concepts against them by portraying the opposite image. Basically, it was like modern politics. Lie to the people in an attempt to create a fuzzy, trusting image and then when they buy into it, suck them dry.

It worked, and now, you've all got some lessons learned. Hopefully, it wakes at least a few people up to the reality that these companies don't care about them in the least.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Arrogant Sony is back baby, the quality of the service drops but now so they raise the prices !!! Seems legit...

Maybe we can all get second jobs lol

TheBlackNaruto said:
CWegzz said:
Sony keeps making me regret buying my PS4 more and more these days.

Wait....what did they do before this taht made you regret buying a PS4?

The Neo is the big thing, mostly because I have barely used it so far and I wish I hadn't bought one so early.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

AlfredoTurkey said:

People need to realize that there's no such thing as "for the gamers". There never was. Sony was never "for the gamers". They were "for the money"... and the money only rolls in when they can convince people to GIVE them their money. This generation, Sony played the roll of big brother, looking out for our little gaming lives. They used MS's evil image and horrible online only concepts against them by portraying the opposite image. Basically, it was like modern politics. Lie to the people in an attempt to create a fuzzy, trusting image and then when they buy into it, suck them dry.

It worked, and now, you've all got some lessons learned. Hopefully, it wakes at least a few people up to the reality that these companies don't care about them in the least.

I don't care about them. And i don't expect them to care about me. What i xare for is if i feel im getting value for my money. And if i feel I'm not, I'll find ways to ensure that I am.

Is $60 a year for PS+ more than I'm willing to pay for the service? For what it's worth, no it isn't. But even at that I won't pay that much for it; why? because I'm smart enough to know that there are way to get it for less. So forgive me for not being mad at a company for wanting to milk it's customers. show me a company that doesn't do that and I'll lay a golden egg for you. the joke is on the people that buys into it. Cause if they didn't, the companies would be more careful with their policies. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

Dude anyone with common sense already knew that. It's just a dumb campaign slogan every company uses. I bet you're getting a real kick out of this lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Normchacho said:
I came in here planning on making a joke about the price going up $10 a year by pretending it's a big deal that the price is going up after 6 years.

Little did I know, It's apparently a big deal. I guess I'll go fuck myself.

I don't see it as that big a deal, either, so I guess we can go fuck each other. 

Seriously, though, my guess is Sony is getting ready to start giving out AAA games for Plus, again.  The thing is, Sony doesn't give each dev a certain amount per download. They give them a set amount, no matter how much it is downloaded, rarely or frequently.  My guess is devs/pubs want more money to put their games on Plus, seeing as their a lot more acconts now, so Sony is raising the price to be able to pay them, without affecting their profit from it as much.

Disgusting! NX please be good!

bunchanumbers said:
Barkley said:

Huh??? Odd that you would never buy Nintendo games if they were on PlayStation, yet you're willing to game on a PlayStation.

I find that very hard to understand, why would you play Sony games on a PlayStation but you wouldn't play Nintendo games on it?

It's also odd that PS+ price increase would be the big thing that would put you off when your main reason for avoiding the other consoles is the community, and the main reason to get ps+ is to interact with that community, a.k.a the "Bunch of dude bro jerks."

Yup. Was going to go in on a Neo for myself. But if Sony is going to be doing this stuff I'll just stick with what I got. The wait for NX continues.

And what if Nintendo starts charging for online?

alternine said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Dude anyone with common sense already knew that. It's just a dumb campaign slogan every company uses. I bet you're getting a real kick out of this lol

The only kick I get out of this is a virtual kick in the nuts. I can't STAND how people allow companies to get away with stuff like this. It goes far beyond Sony or any one company for me. Watching people become blindly controlled like little lab mice has boiled my blood since I was a little kid.