By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is This Misleading Marketing? (Sony and NMS)

KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I seriously doubt it.  I barely know what I am doing.  It's hard to describe how big the games map is.  I've not seem something like it before.

If you ever find it, let me know.

Ok here is something really weird.  That lush planet I was on had the sky turn blood red with what looked like blackish clouds and my ship warned me of severe weather warning.  It made the world darker and not as pretty.

do the planets have there own weather and stuff?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

Stream it! I would love that.

I'm gonna name a planet "Butt Stuff" tonight.

I hope it's "butt stuff" in name only otherwise I may lose my lunch.

Lrdfancypants said:
KLAMarine said:

If you ever find it, let me know.

Ok here is something really weird.  That lush planet I was on had the sky turn blood red with what looked like blackish clouds and my ship warned me of severe weather warning.  It made the world darker and not as pretty.

do the planets have there own weather and stuff?

You're asking the wrong guy: I don't have the game.

Yes, misleading and bad.
I just hope Aonuma delivers with BotW or I will be the first one to point it!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Yes, misleading and bad.
I just hope Aonuma delivers with BotW or I will be the first one to point it!

What do you think of the hours upon hours shown at the previous E3?

I thought it looked good and would actually like for Sony and Microsoft to start doing streams of gameplay footage of their games the way Nintendo does.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

I'm gonna name a planet "Butt Stuff" tonight.

Never know. There might be a bunch of animals with big butts.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm more worried about what might come out of those big butts.

So what time you streaming?

It's not going to look like that E3 video. Animals do not look as good and animation isn't as good. The huge battles in space I have yet to see but I'm still floating around In the easy part of the galaxy. You might see 3 or 4 space ships attacking the space freighter but it doesn't look like what is shown in video and you can't team up with alien races 👽 . I have seen planets with lush vegetation like planet Sean Murray but not as dense and not the same quality. So there's that!

KLAMarine said:
StarOcean said:
It's marketing 101. If they told you what the product actually was you'd be less inclined to buy it. I don't get why people act like this is a new thing to gaming. This has been going on forever, gaming and not.

I would argue this phenomena is "marketing 101" because too many consumers are so gullible. Apathy won't fix it. Let's work towards changing that. Let's urge people to be skeptical, to stop pre-ordering games, to wait-and-see.

People just can't control themselves.  They simply cannot hold back from getting the game "day one", socially, it's what people do.  They go buy  the newest thing just because they can, or want to show off, or even just to have something to talk about.

It's funny, if you questioned many people that were over Neptune hyped about No Man's Sky before launch "what do you do in this game?", you could see the sweat building up on their foreheads. What should be the easiest question to answer about a game became a task for them.  They just knew "everyone else is talking about it, so it must be good and I must buy it."

People are silly, that's the beginning and ending of it.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

I'm more worried about what might come out of those big butts.

So what time you streaming?

Probably in about 4 hours. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames