By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is This Misleading Marketing? (Sony and NMS)

If you go to Sony's E3 presentations promoting No Man's Sky, you see this amazing footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5sBbjckyzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

Needless to say, the E3 presentations and final product don't look alike to say the least.

edit: some people in the comments thought the game would be amazing based on the footage shown if you go back in the comments far enough. More recent comments express disappointment.

edit 2: user Azuren recently held a stream that has convinced me there are indeed planets in the game that are comparable to what Sean had shown off at E3 2015. For too long, streams I had tuned into featured very barren and dead planets that left me unimpressed. I imagine there are more dead planets than live ones due to the game's coding but this could potentially make the hunt for interesting planets more exciting and Azuren has shown me why there are people who can enjoy this game.

Thank you Azuren. The stream was great fun! ( Azuren's twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/azurendcuo )

That said, I must acknowledge the game has some game-crashing bugs which are unacceptable and need to be addressed as soon as possible. Also, I still feel $60 is a steep price for the game. Azuren had this to say regarding the price tag: "I agree $60 is steep for this game, but I wouldn't put it at less than a $25 value (when it's fully patched)." And finally, I still cannot attest to the space battles shown off in the E3 2015 trailer. Azuren's stream didn't feature much space battling. Maybe in the future I'll give them a harder look but I don't recall the space battles I have seen in streams looking as good as the E3 one.

edit 3: After another stream with Azuren, my thoughts on space battles has also improved. Battles in space can get pretty tense and deadly for those whose ship is not battle-ready. Prior to this, most streams I had tuned into featured an occasional enemy or two showing up and attacking the streamer to the streamer's annoyance. The streamer would shoot it down and just move on to a planet's surface. Azuren's ship at the time of the stream was not battle-ready and I would like to see more combat if/when he upgrades his ship enough to be able to hold his own against more powerful enemies. Maybe space battles can get as populated as they did in the E3 2015 demo? Maybe Azuren will volunteer again to clear this question up for me?

Around the Network

Btw, can you post the actual links? Chrome isn't allowing me to view the actual videos for some reason.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

CGI-Quality said:
Oh boy, I sure hope this isn't a parody of another topic created today!

It's mere coincidence.

I promise I will try to keep things civil.

Captain_Yuri said:

Btw, can you post the actual links? Chrome isn't allowing me to view the actual videos for some reason.

Give me a sec...

Hysterical gif btw

Bandorr said:
No, no it is not.

Does it not disturb you the chasm between the final product and the e3 presentations? Of course people are at fault for being so gullible but at the same time glitzed-up e3 presentations should share some of the blame.

Around the Network

uncharted 60 fps trailer
ubisoft downgrade

keep your expectation down when watching anything coming from e3 except company who showcasing real gameplay on show floor and not some cg gameplay playing on conference

katakpisang said:
uncharted 60 fps trailer
ubisoft downgrade

keep your expectation down when watching anything coming from e3 except company who showcasing real gameplay on show floor and not some cg gameplay playing on conference

This is the lesson to be learned here. Sadly, I fear we fight a losing battle.

That said, I want to cut Sony some slack on the U4 front. They were clear later on that U4 would run at 30 fps.

CGI-Quality said:
katakpisang said:
uncharted 60 fps trailer
ubisoft downgrade

I agree regarding Ubisoft, but humor me, was it Sony that put out that 60FPS Uncharted trailer? Was it during E3? Did Sony ever claim the game ould run at 60FPS in the single player?

All honest questions.

To be fair, if I recall correctly, Sony later admitted U4 would run at 30.

Captain_Yuri said:

Damn I was going to post that gif lol.

Also you're not the only one who can't see the vids, it;s just on this site though as far as I can see and has been for days.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

Links have been posted.