By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is This Misleading Marketing? (Sony and NMS)

Lrdfancypants said:
KLAMarine said:

E3 footage and final game footage don't match. So much so that some people who also own the game complain the game they purhcased looks little to what was shown.

How so?  Can you actually say what it is im looking for in the videos?

the space station looks similar, ships similar, space launching landing and planetary beacons similar.  Space ships large and small also similar.  

What am I looking for ?  I'm being serious.

For a start, planets in the game aren't as lush as were shown in E3 trailers.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

How so?  Can you actually say what it is im looking for in the videos?

the space station looks similar, ships similar, space launching landing and planetary beacons similar.  Space ships large and small also similar.  

What am I looking for ?  I'm being serious.

Ok here is the deal.  I just flew into a solar system that is called Mubokutorichoriu

planet is Otielin Asurm

it looks very smilar.  Lots of water.  Lush vegetation. And i dove in the water and there are giant sea monster animals.

Color pallete is slightly different but still lush. 

What am I missing here?

edit:

in space above planet I flew past 3 giant destroyers.  I did not attack because they'd kill me easy.  So thats there also

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

The only thing mentioned in trailers that I haven't done yet is multiplayer...

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Lrdfancypants said:
KLAMarine said:

Ok here is the deal.  I just flew into a solar system that is called Mubokutorichoriu

planet is Otielin Asurm

it looks very smilar.  Lots of water.  Lush vegetation. And i dove in the water and there are giant sea monster animals.

What am I missing here?

edit:

in space above planet I flew past 3 giant destroyers.  I did not attack because they'd kill me easy.  So thats there also

Would you do us the favor of uploading this footage somewhere? It sounds different to what I've seen from streams thus far and I'd like to see it.

It sucks the industry we enjoy will say and do ANYthing to get us to buy their products. It's egregious how much they lie like they breathe.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

planet is Otielin Asurm

What am I missing here?

edit:

Would you do us the favor of uploading this footage somewhere? It sounds different to what I've seen from streams thus far and I'd like to see it.

Yes, how do I do this?  I've never uploaded a pic on this site.  Let me figure it out. Give me a few minutes I will take screen shots.

i dont know what I did but the sentinels are very hostile to me here.

also, yes I have seen baren planets but Inam on like my 4 th planet and it's already similar to what you're showing.

my last planet aom giant robot thing attacked me and what look d lik a robot dog.  I barely survived.  I guess that's a sentinel?..???

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
KLAMarine said:

Yes, how do I do this?  I've never uploaded a pic on this site.  Let me figure it out. Give me a few minutes I will take screen shots.

also, yes I have seen baren planets but Inam on like my 4 th planet and it's already similar to what you're showing.

my last planet aom giant robot thing attacked me and what look d lik a robot dog.  I barely survived.  I guess that's a sentinel?..???

I would prefer footage.

brb

edit: back

KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

planet is Otielin Asurm

What am I missing here?

edit:

I'll upload next time I find a star system like this (I've run across a few, two times they were already in combat with pirates), but a question for you; have you played the game? If so, how many systems have you explored? Because I'll be honest, some systems are completely devoid of life, and then there are some that are completely overgrown. That's the rush of the game: what kind of star system will this be? Will there be an anomaly? Will there be pirates? Will there be freighters? Will there be good resources? Will the planet be hostile? Should i just jump to another system, or is this one perfect to spend a few hours? 

I keep saying the only thing I felt was I promised that isn't here is multiplayer, and I stand by it. The only reason you're seeing negative reviews is because these reviewers thought they wanted to "explore", but what they really want is an "adventure". Also, there's a lot of angry PC gamers who got it and can't play it (which is the worst kind of person to review a game, because their frustration guarantees a negative review based on performance rather than gameplay, the former being something that is usually quickly fixed).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

KLAMarine said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I would prefer footage.

I took screen shots and then fled.  I kept getting attacked and I don't know why.  

They pretty much show the planet.  I also found a decent dinosaur before I ran and som weird spider looking jellyfish that was swimming in ocean.  I lost the giant sea monster as it swam away.  

that didn't work, let me try again.

Marco....