By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is This Misleading Marketing? (Sony and NMS)

CGI-Quality said:
KLAMarine said:

To be fair, if I recall correctly, Sony later admitted U4 would run at 30.

But did they initally claim otherwise?

I recall people hyping it up as such but I don't recall Sony ever coming out and saying it would be.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Btw, can you post the actual links? Chrome isn't allowing me to view the actual videos for some reason.

Links have been posted.

Thanks!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

CGI-Quality said:
katakpisang said:
uncharted 60 fps trailer
ubisoft downgrade

keep your expectation down when watching anything coming from e3 except company who showcasing real gameplay on show floor and not some cg gameplay playing on conference

was it Sony that put out that 60FPS Uncharted trailer? Was it during E3? Did Sony ever claim the game ould run at 60FPS in the single player?

All honest questions.

The reveal trailer for Uncharted 4 released by sony at e3 2014 showed an in-engine cutscene running at 60fps in realtime. So yeah... 2 years before the game released and not gameplay footage either. I believe naughty dog said they were targetting 60fps early in development (2014) but it was made very apparent later that they were targetting 30fps for single player.

CGI-Quality said:
KLAMarine said:

I recall people hyping it up as such but I don't recall Sony ever coming out and saying it would be.

As I figured. 

blog post from back in 2014

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/e3-14-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-trailer/

To avoid the risk of potentially changing the meaning of the words in this blog post, I will copy-paste them word-for-word and let people judge for themselves.

"You’ve been waiting for it and it’s finally here. At E3 2014 we unveiled two trailers, one for each of the PS4 projects we’re currently developing. The UNCHARTED game we’ve been working on sees the return of…well, why don’t you watch the trailer and see for yourself:

That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory, using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, and as you can see, the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

The next generation of Nathan Drake is going to be very real and will explore what it means when Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. He will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It’s his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is available for pre-order right now. Stay tuned — we’ll have more information in the coming months."

I don't consider this misleading, if anyone cared to know. At least not explicitly.

Nope it's definitely not. Now stop these topics please.

Around the Network
katakpisang said:
uncharted 60 fps trailer
ubisoft downgrade

keep your expectation down when watching anything coming from e3 except company who showcasing real gameplay on show floor and not some cg gameplay playing on conference

The Uncharted 4 reveal trailer was never matched when the game released either (dat fly tho trailer). As good as Naughty Dog are they always release launch trailers they never match. 

Dr.Vita said:
Nope it's definitely not. Now stop these topics please.

Allow me to ask you the same question I posed to another user: does it not disturb you the chasm between the final product and the e3 presentations? Of course people are at fault for being so gullible but at the same time gtlitzed-up e3 presentations should share some of the blame. Shouldn't they? Not all of the blame but at least some.

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

Does it not disturb you the chasm between the final product and the e3 presentations? Of course people are at fault for being so gullible but at the same time gtlitzed-up e3 presentations should share some of the blame.

Not even .000000000000001%.

Specially not even close to the degree of "misleading marketing".

Acknowledged.

Uh yeah it's misleading by definition, however I'm more concerned with all the blatant lies surrounding the gameplay.

I wouldn't say this is misleading marketing, just a game being shown in early development. What is misleading is that Sony used this better looking footage of the game to promote it recently. That's misleading.