By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is This Misleading Marketing? (Sony and NMS)

SWORDF1SH said:
It's not going to look like that E3 video. Animals do not look as good and animation isn't as good. The huge battles in space I have yet to see but I'm still floating around In the easy part of the galaxy. You might see 3 or 4 space ships attacking the space freighter but it doesn't look like what is shown in video and you can't team up with alien races 👽 . I have seen planets with lush vegetation like planet Sean Murray but not as dense and not the same quality. So there's that!

I'm sorry SWORDF1SH... Judging by your avatar, I understand you were really looking forward to this game.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm more worried about what might come out of those big butts.

So what time you streaming?

Probably in about 4 hours. 

Okay, cool. Hit me up when the stream's about to start.

KLAMarine said:
SWORDF1SH said:
It's not going to look like that E3 video. Animals do not look as good and animation isn't as good. The huge battles in space I have yet to see but I'm still floating around In the easy part of the galaxy. You might see 3 or 4 space ships attacking the space freighter but it doesn't look like what is shown in video and you can't team up with alien races 👽 . I have seen planets with lush vegetation like planet Sean Murray but not as dense and not the same quality. So there's that!

I'm sorry SWORDF1SH... I understand you were really looking forward to this game.

Don't be, I'm loving it. The game is what I expected but it just goes to show how much attention I paid to these vids. It's not until I looked back I can see the difference. I can be honest about those differences and enjoy the game at the same time. 

But I can see why people are upset, I'm just not one of them. In fact I think most NMS owners on here love the game. The crashing is annoying though. 

Edit- I see you mentioned my avatar in your edit. The avatars a bit of fun. Things get a little too serious for my liking sometimes. 

zero129 said:
Yes it is misleading. But then pretty much anything shown by any company at e3 in 99% of the cases never end up looking as good as they first did. Sony/MS/Nintendo they all do it.
And to be honest we shouldnt be ok with any of them doing it.

Indeed.

SWORDF1SH said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm sorry SWORDF1SH... I understand you were really looking forward to this game.

Don't be, I'm loving it. The game is what I expected but it just goes to show how much attention I paid to these vids. It's not until I looked back I can see the difference. I can be honest about those differences and enjoy the game at the same time. 

But I can see why people are upset, I'm just not one of them. In fact I think most NMS owners on here love the game. The crashing is annoying though. 

Good to hear at least you're enjoying it. Your avatar seems to suggest otherwise though.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:

Edit- I see you mentioned my avatar in your edit. The avatars a bit of fun. Things get a little too serious for my liking sometimes. 

Ah, I see. All in good fun.

Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm more worried about what might come out of those big butts.

So what time you streaming?

Just got back from the stream. I must say, my opinion of this game has certainly improved!

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

Just got back from the stream. I must say, my opinion of this game has certainly improved!

I think I'll name that last one "Holy Fuck Where is that Last Species?"

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

I think I'll name that last one "Holy Fuck Where is that Last Species?"

It'll have to wait 'til morning. Stream was certainly fun.

Kindaish, while the whole space combat thing seems to have been scrapped out (which is a big chunk of gameplay beeing cut off the game) we really don't know if planets like that one are out there in No Man's Sky, certainly those we've seen so far are far worse, but who knows, maybe we've been just unlucky, I don't own the game but from all the gameplay I've seen there was only one planet that looked remotely as good as that one in the gameplay. Still it's very likely that they made it so that the player couldn't land on a desert planet like those who fill 80% of the actual game...