By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is This Misleading Marketing? (Sony and NMS)

SWORDF1SH said:
Proud of Sony fans for the way they dealt with this thread. Actually were open to discussing. Let's just say the thread similar to this but against MS got locked because of the way people behaved. Keep the standard.

I didn't start the thread for the sake of starting arguments. I just wanted to get people's opinions.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
I had never seen either of those trailers before.

I have played the game for 60 hours or so.

I have seen most of what is in the trailer or something very similiar. The only deception might be (now seeing those trailers) is that most places are that interesting. When in the game when you find those places you feel like you have stumbled on a gem. Planets like the one shown (with the dinosaurs) are 1 in 100. But they do exist, I have been to one(like I said, they are rare., but do exist).

I still find E3 2014's trailer to be misleading. Would certianly favor the trailer's name to be changed because it's not accurate.

KLAMarine said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Proud of Sony fans for the way they dealt with this thread. Actually were open to discussing. Let's just say the thread similar to this but against MS got locked because of the way people behaved. Keep the standard.

I didn't start the thread for the sake of starting arguments. I just wanted to get people's opinions.

It's usually the people it attracts not the actual thread itself. Although this thread as turned into replica of the other NMS threads where people come in and say the exact same thing has in the other 10. 

The subject is cool though, I do think it's a retaliation to the GeOW thread even though both subjects are different and this game is muliplatform so not sure why Sony was mentioned. The subject here is developers giving us a game that was different to what they've previously shown. It's a good subject to talk about but since you singled out NMS, it's just turned into 'o look, another thread where we can say shit about NMS'.

If you truly wanted to discuss this topic, maybe set up the OP in a different way, give more examples and you will get better opinions on the subject 

SWORDF1SH said:

It's usually the people it attracts not the actual thread itself. Although this thread as turned into replica of the other NMS threads where people come in and say the exact same thing has in the other 10.

The subject is cool though, I do think it's a retaliation to the GeOW thread even though both subjects are different and this game is muliplatform so not sure why Sony was mentioned.

Because the trailers I posted were displayed at Sony's E3 events.

SWORDF1SH said:

The subject here is developers giving us a game that was different to what they've previously shown. It's a good subject to talk about but since you singled out NMS, it's just turned into 'o look, another thread where we can say shit about NMS'.

If you truly wanted to discuss this topic, maybe set up the OP in a different way, give more examples and you will get better opinions on the subject 

No, the subject was Sony's E3 presentations of NMS and the question was with regards to NMS's marketing. Of course, you're welcome to bring up other examples if you wish.

KLAMarine said:

No, the subject was Sony's E3 presentations of NMS and the question was with regards to NMS's marketing. Of course, you're welcome to bring up other examples if you wish.

Don't Sony just show what they are given? 

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The subject is cool though, I do think it's a retaliation to the GeOW thread even though both subjects are different and this game is muliplatform so not sure why Sony was mentioned.

Because the trailers I posted were displayed at Sony's E3 events.

SWORDF1SH said:

The subject here is developers giving us a game that was different to what they've previously shown. It's a good subject to talk about but since you singled out NMS, it's just turned into 'o look, another thread where we can say shit about NMS'.

The OP just shows 2 vids and then you wrote it doesn't look the same to final version. While I agree, there as been many topics covering this.

Hello Games are independent and NMS is muliplatform. Cod, Battlefield, Fallout etc have appeared at Sony and MS presentations, would Sony or MS be responsible for those games?

Anyway, like mentioned before, a better example is the 4 pillars vids because that is Sony marketing and they use old, better 'gameplay' footage. As far as I'm aware nobody as covered it with a thread yet do maybe use those vids. It fits in exactly with your title. 

Either way these planets, ships, space stations, flight, landings, beacons, animals, and so on do exist in the game.
I honestly don't understand how this is misleading if it's all there.
Are there baren planets? Yes. It wouldn't seem like a giant universe if there wasn't.
There are variations in baren planets I've found as well.
There are tons of planets and races so it should be expected you wouldn't find the exact planet he showed right away,
That's what he envisioned and said the game was: exploration of space, discovery, sci fi. It's all of that.

In all of the NMS is a terrible game threads the only thing I've not experienced that they said was there was MP but even that they said would be rare.

I will still try and post some pics but I've been to lush and baren. I've been to dry and oceanic. I've seen dinosaurs, flying little robot sentinels, what looked like a dog type sentinel, a giant robot sentinel that I assume was a Decepticon, (edit: I guess I should add I'm kidding and know its not a transformer, it was very large though and nearly killed me instantly.  I did not snap pic, no time and caught glimps as i turned to flee for my life jet packing over and off a cliff and it looked very large in comparison to me) I've met a new alien race that looks nothing like the first I met (has face was out on space platform gazing at world, not sitting in chair in suit like people have said all do (some do I've seen them), the languages are large and complex as I've learned like 150 words in Kovaxian and still can't talk to them properly.

The updates they talked about sound great and all this hate (not singling out your thread as hate but it's rampant) is doing is probably hurting sales and putting updates in jeopardy for new features which is frustrating especially when the complaints are the game doesn't have many of the things I've found in the game. The point of the game is for it to take time and be huge in it's exploratory scope so these things people say aren't there are actually exciting when discovered like a beautiful gem. I wish they'd have just made this damn game multiplat and there never was a flood. Sigh.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Another thing I encountered that I've seen on internet people say doesn't exist or is a bug: space battles.  I just had my first (died very quickly, unfortunately).  I recieved a distress signal in space so I flew to it.  Before the signal I had noticed 3 giant ships warp into the system I was doodling around in.  The ships were very large and looked different from other large ships I have seen so far (variation in that as well). The there was a distress signal.  I flew to it and though "umm, okay nothing is going on maybe it is a bug" then I looked around as a few smaller (looked like fast attack ships swung past me but did not attack) and I thought they were with the giant freighters.  I kept looking around and realized the smaller ships were engaged with one of the freighters zipping about (much like in the misleading videos) so I attacked and voila I was immediately on an aliens side (whose I don't know.  Why I don't know. Bad or good guys, I don't know, I assume good since the were being attacked) and into battle I went.  The hostile smallers ships focused on me and I took one out before the others crused me quickly (I am on preorder ship) and I was brought back to life at nearby space station.

what happens if you win? No idea as I lost.  

Do aliens speak or hail you or thank you for help? No clue.

was it exciting and fun? Hell yeah, even though I got crushed.  It was similar to what was shown on trailers except the dev was better at it than I.

p.s.  7.5/10 game for me so far but I could see that going up since the more I play and explore the more cool things I uncover that can be done.

So far besides MP I've encountered pretty much all in the videos of this thread.  Just sharing my actual experience with game I purchased.

Cons:

FPS mechanics aren't great and need improvement.  

Ship fighting mechanics need polish.

Needs better explanation of game and how to play and what to do.  I understand they likely left it this way on purpose (to make it all discovery and explore learn on your own) but it's hurting their game all over the internet by not providing this because it's leading to assumptions of misleading and lies.  I'm not sure how they do this because it's hard.  If they stream line it too much the complaints shift to it being to linear probably.

MP- need better options on map to track friends and locate them, maybe ability to warp to them.  

I thought I would add this if anyone is genuinely interested in what the game has or experiences you can have in it. 

Marco....

KLAMarine said:
Pavolink said:
Yes, misleading and bad.
I just hope Aonuma delivers with BotW or I will be the first one to point it!

What do you think of the hours upon hours shown at the previous E3?

I thought it looked good and would actually like for Sony and Microsoft to start doing streams of gameplay footage of their games the way Nintendo does.

I loved. Took the day off to see my Zelda all the day. Worth every second of it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

If anybody cares after losing the space battle and being semt to close by space station I learned a few things.
1) I can recharge my shield with certain minerals while fighting as not to die so fast. (This needs to be made easier whilst in battle)
2) I learned I was helping the alien race whoms solar system I was messing about in and they're pretty hostile towards me.

So I left station and flew to my grave in space grabbed my loot and the battle was still going on. I figured I'd give it another shot.

Correction: space fighting isn't as bad as I thought. I was doing it wrong (no tutorial so hard lesson learned). Don't aim at ship unless in direct line of flight aim at a target away from ship which game supplies and thats where your attack shots will likely encounter the ship since its in flight. Probably something simple everyone knew already (so I'm likely dumb on this) but it reminded me of arcade type games from my childhood in a way and it's quite fun.

That said: I defeated the remaining ships and saved the freighters. The alien race who did not like me raised my standing with them as a result.

And that's that.

Again, I'm only posting for those interested and realise many aren't.

Marco....