By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New GT Sport Pics From Gamescom

Looks amazing.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Lafiel said:

this is not about the graphics on display, it's about the super-clean image quality and I can certainly see the aliasing/softening in photo mode pictures from Driveclub etc

Eh, Photomode could have certainly captured these (DRIVECLUB is the absolute worst example, as it didn't even use 2x SS to clean the images).

On the other hand, I'll present you with my own shots from Forza 6 on PC (with SuperSampling + Photomode). There's a difference:

Photomode Only (no SuperSampling):

Though slight, without 2x SS, there's some artifacting around a few of the egdes (like I see in the above GT shots). 

I think these demonstrate quite nicely that resolution and great AA isn't what makes something look real. Regardless of whether the images posted here are from GTS photomode, they're a huge leap over these.

The PS5 Exists. 

Yeah Polyphony Digital always use images from replays because they are a step from ingame graphics. And photo mode because there's a step up in graphics from replay mode. That's my low tech explanation.

Ruler said:
Lafiel said:
*sigh* would be awesome if they really reached that unrealistically high level of anti-aliasing

somebody should tell Polyphony to stop using bullshots

what bullshots?

Hahaha, what?

Hope there is a decent amount of single player content

Don't care about the bullshot issue, it's a PS4 racing game from Polyphony, it will look good or great

Around the Network

Goodwood road texture:

The PS5 Exists. 

I think even with lower resolution and anti aliasing the graphics will look amazing and this is a 60fps game unlike Driveclub's 30fps.

But Gran Turismo's gameplay is what makes it amazing and I'm sure it will be awesome in this game.

GT games always look good, how about they fix the SFX this time around? I'm not a huge fan of neither tractors nor lawnmowers so I'd appreciate if Polpyphony would put more hours into the sound department.
And, yes; I'm a huge GT fan since 1998. Which is, incidentally, the same year I started waiting for proper engine noises in the series...

Mummelmann said:
GT games always look good, how about they fix the SFX this time around? I'm not a huge fan of neither tractors nor lawnmowers so I'd appreciate if Polpyphony would put more hours into the sound department.
And, yes; I'm a huge GT fan since 1998. Which is, incidentally, the same year I started waiting for proper engine noises in the series...

Yes that is the only problem with GT6 which I'm still playing two years after launch :)

Does anyone else feel like we should have more information in this game considering it comes out in November?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.