By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime: Federation Force - Metacritic: 66 | GameRanking: 68% | Opencritic: 67

Are you interested in Federation Force?

Yes 29 17.16%

A bit 46 27.22%

No 77 45.56%

Don't have a 3DS anyways 17 10.06%

Total:169

Dang it, it should have stayed at 67!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:

If the reviewers are basing it just on gameplay, a 6 to 7 is probably correct.

However, the fans will probably give it fives and fours for not being a true Metroid. 

^ this.

Though from what Ive seen of it, I still dont think it deserves a 7 or higher.

Its probably rated right, at the 60+ something it at now.

65 now.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/metroid-prime-federation-force/critic-reviews

I haven't played it, but this comment makes me think the reviewer hasn't played many FPS games...

Metroid Prime: Federation Force is not only the best FPS on the 3DS, but perhaps one of my favorite FPS games ever.

curl-6 said:
65 now.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/metroid-prime-federation-force/critic-reviews

You seem obsessed with this. :P it's still a 6-7/10 type of game regardless since the majority appear to score it as such. As I said, a 6-7 is a slightly above average game. If people dont like it, they don't have to buy it and that applies to anything. 

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:
65 now.

You seem obsessed with this. :P it's still a 6-7/10 type of game regardless since the majority appear to score it as such. As I said, a 6-7 is a slightly above average game. If people dont like it, they don't have to buy it and that applies to anything. 

The average metacritic score for a video game is 75, so 65 is actually below average.

curl-6 said:
Kai_Mao said:

The average metacritic score for a video game is 75, so 65 is actually below average.

I'm just going off the basis of what a number should mean. A 5 is average or so-so, a 4 is below average and so forth. A lot of hidden gems have had 6-7/10 scores. If MetaCritic says 75 is average per se, what does a 65 mean then? It can't be terrible because the score doesn't really indicate as such. If it's below average, then the gap between average and below average is too big.

I think Other M is better than this game to be honest. It's sad how Nintendo doesn't care about this franchise.

Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

I'm just going off the basis of what a number should mean. A 5 is average or so-so, a 4 is below average and so forth. A lot of hidden gems have had 6-7/10 scores. If MetaCritic says 75 is average per se, what does a 65 mean then? It can't be terrible because the score doesn't really indicate as such. If it's below average, then the gap between average and below average is too big.

What they "should mean" is kinda irrelevant, if 75 is the average score, then that is what an average game is according to Metacritic, and anything below 75 is below average.

Im almost 100% percent this game and ths awesomeeee!!