By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky: How Do You Feel About The Game?

How Do You Feel About The Game?

I haven't got it but enjoy hating it 71 31.00%

I have got it and I'm not keen 32 13.97%

I like it but it could be better 34 14.85%

I like it a lot more than some AAA titles 41 17.90%

I love it and can't stop playing 51 22.27%

Total:229
Libara said:
pokoko said:

Pretty much, yeah.  You have only to look at how some people in this thread are acting.  They aren't disappointed that the game has problems, they're happy that the game has problems.  That tells us everything we need to know.  Not just with regards to this game, either, but about those people themselves.

Except it's only timed exclusive, that's pretty much been confirmed minus the actual announcement already. The game has severe performance issues and some people, albeit mostly on PC, find the game barely playable with the amount of crashes. To defend a dev who releases a game in this state, as well as lieing about features... Is doing the entire games industry a diservice and condoning what they've done. Opening the practise to other devs.

I haven't defended anything.  I'm not going to defend something I haven't played.  What I'm talking about are the people who are glad that the game is having problems.  These are people who love corporations more than they love games.

Around the Network
FunFan said:
I don't know about No Man Sky but I know I'm having a great time with Starbound. You travel through space, gather resources and it's actually fun to play.

I've played terreria and hated it but like NMS.

OT - it's clear that this game isn't the same game first shown but it's still a good game. 7 outta 10 is about right. Personally it's a 8, up to a mine when they sort out the bugs.

What we see on these forums isn't genuine interest to talk about the stuff missing in the right manor but blind hate as admitted by RolStoppable. 

It's this type of hate fueled posts that brings down the forum and make it a shit place to go. Yet these people on constant hate trips are allowed to do it time and time again. What we have now is not very nice forum to interact within. 

I like it. I've been playing it since it came out. I do understand why some people don't like it, tho I also do think a lot the hate and complaints are from stuff that was never gonna be part of the game in the first place. I, foronce, wouldn't compare to games such as The Order because that one is a piece of crap, this one is just not polished enough, but its okay. And thats basically it- it's an impressive technical achievement, but just an ok game.

The scale is impressive. I love the concept. Love the size. Love the freedom. I would love to see this concept in others games.

I do think it gets repetitive and the lack of specific objectives makes it hard to make all the farming worth it - There's really no motivation or interest in getting to the centre of the universe - in a way you gotta create your own objective (Like achieving the game's milestones)

I do think the "all planets are different" is major BS. All planets are alike in one way or another. You do come across a couple of very interesting planets. One day I found a planet resembling a radioactive jungle with tons of fauna, all dinosaur-like in appearance. Cool place to explore. But those kinds of worlds are not as common as the trailers make it.

I do not hate the textures, as many do, but they do need polishing. This game could benefit from being a bit heavier (in GB size I mean) if that means more polished graphics. That would add a big plus.

There could've been more variety when it comes to "space battles" to add another feature to the game. Space battles are fun, but they're one-note so they get repetitive fast. As does a lot of the game.

Basically that last sentence is my whole opinion. I like what's in the game, I love the concept, as a technical achievement its impressive, but most of it could've been better with variety, so that the "freedom" that the game offers does feel like that.

But, as said, have been playing it since it came out and Im enjoying it.
Would probably rate it between 6.5/10 - 7/10

Game does not look very good. Seen hours of gameplay and it does not look very compelling. Shame on Sean Murray for hyping the game.

That said, in Sean's defense, I want to point out that this conundrum is not unprecedented. We have various examples in the past where trailers don't match the final product: Dark Souls 2, Aliens Colonial Marines, GTA 5, The Last of Us, FFXIII, Watch_Dogs, Killzone 2, Witcher 3, the list goes on and on.

Don't let hyped-up trailers sell you a game, let the game sell itself to you. I assume people who are pre-ordering games are adults and should know better. Apparently they don't and when they are fooled, they lash out when they should be just as critical of themselves as well.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I like it. It's relaxing.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

How I feel about it mostly comes down to "I haven't played it, and from what I've seen, it doesn't really interest me" That's about it really. Nothing else to say, except those who do have it, glad to hear the majority of them do enjoy it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

FunFan said:
I don't know about No Man Sky but I know I'm having a great time with Starbound. You travel through space, gather resources and it's actually fun to play.

You like Starbound, eh? Well, do I have a place for you....!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=219460&page=1

zero129 said:
FunFan said:

Ive always heard good things about Starbound but i could never get into its 2D Side view. If it was 2D top down that would be ok for me, but the side view makes me feel restricted for this style of game.

SWORDF1SH said:
FunFan said:

I've played terreria and hated it but like NMS.

And if you 2 are curious about Starbound, well I have a thread going for it where you can see screenshots taken by me on my adventures playing it. There's also a trailer in it if you want a taste of it. Feel free to have a look any time!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Don't have it but I am still interested in it. I'll look into buying it when it's sold at a cheaper price and runs flawlessly on my setup, until then I'll just be chugging along with Starbound.

Loving this focus on the "hating" camp though, as if the anti hate camp has never once in their lives hated on anyone else or anything, like good pure Samaritans that have never done anything ill in their lives.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I'm enjoying it.  A 7.5 to 8 out of ten imo, solid good game with some rough edges (I am on PS4).  Unlike most who lost track of reality with the hype and started assuming features to be in the game that were never even brought up (building bases and space stations, owning cargo ships, claiming territory, massive fleet battles, all the other impossible expectations), I kept a very close eye on what was being said and only what was said so I knew pretty much exactly what this game was when it launched.  It's a cool, relaxing experience with some tense moments sprinkled in like when you land on a really resource rich, Eden-like planet but have to contend with super strict Sentinels (who may attack with no provocation.  Or when space pirates drop you out of pulse to try and destroy you. 

There's a LOT of salt floating around and while some is justified (the PC port's a mess), some of it is about the game lacking features that were never brought up to begin with. 

Love hate relationship with the game, but the love has been winning out the last couple of days. Can't stop playing.

I found my first utopia, grassy hills, lots of lovely trees

and friendly dinosaur things!