By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky: How Do You Feel About The Game?

How Do You Feel About The Game?

I haven't got it but enjoy hating it 71 31.00%

I have got it and I'm not keen 32 13.97%

I like it but it could be better 34 14.85%

I like it a lot more than some AAA titles 41 17.90%

I love it and can't stop playing 51 22.27%

Total:229
GribbleGrunger said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I own it on ps4 and am enjoying it.

I can understand people on pc being upset if it's broken but I don't have problems on my ps4 version. 

Weirdly I talked to two people today that have it on pc and love it.  They don't visit game sites and were oblivious to it being disliked strongly. That was interesting.

Well, that's the thing. People on the internet labour under the delusion that they can affect things but they can't. 90% of all consumers don't bother with forums, they just buy games that are popular or to their taste.

Yeah, it was interesting to me because they both said they were playing on pcs and upgraded their pcs in anticipation of the game.  I didn't ask what they had but indid ask if it ran ok and they didn't understand what i meant and just said something to the effect "yeah, its awesome".

totally oblivious to the internet movement on it.  Anecdotal i know but it was weird to me since I visit sites often.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
GribbleGrunger said:

The human beings behind the game:

What else would be behind the game? Chimpanzees?

OT: Game with problems being criticized for having problems. Nothing new in this biz.

As long as Kane and Lynch 2 still exists, that's a reasonable question.

Haven't gotten it, but watched some friends play it. Looks...incredibly boring. By 10 or so minutes of watching I was encouraging them to just start shooting whatever happened to be passing by so that something exciting might happen.

Boring and Disappointing... The memes are funny tho

Just waiting for the mods to make the game what it should have been. I actually think playing the game with a trainer might make it a better experience since you can just go around exploring without having to deal with nonsense

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

pokoko said:
I haven't been paying much attention to gaming lately and I haven't played it. I plan to get it eventually, though. I don't "over-hype" myself like a woolly animal (and then blame "hype" in general) and the game looks like what I thought it would be from the start.

It is interesting watching the happy hate show going on, though. Usual suspects and all of that. Probably would have been a lot different if it had been on one more platform in particular.

It reminds me of ROTTR in a way.  I think it has something to do with it starting out as a multiplatform then swapping because it was talked highly of then, bam, all the sudden the internet tone changed and Indont mean after launch.  It was noticeable enough that you could predict the incoming.

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
pokoko said:
I haven't been paying much attention to gaming lately and I haven't played it. I plan to get it eventually, though. I don't "over-hype" myself like a woolly animal (and then blame "hype" in general) and the game looks like what I thought it would be from the start.

It is interesting watching the happy hate show going on, though. Usual suspects and all of that. Probably would have been a lot different if it had been on one more platform in particular.

It reminds me of ROTTR in a way.  I think it has something to do with it starting out as a multiplatform then swapping because it was talked highly of then, bam, all the sudden the internet tone changed and Indont mean after launch.  It was noticeable enough that you could predict the incoming.

Pretty much, yeah.  You have only to look at how some people in this thread are acting.  They aren't disappointed that the game has problems, they're happy that the game has problems.  That tells us everything we need to know.  Not just with regards to this game, either, but about those people themselves.

Around the Network

Im on the "I haven't got it but enjoy hating it" group!

Not going to buy the game but from the reviews and the impressions I got before and after the game released, simply not my cup of tea.Hopefully they can fix the game and make it into a better one.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

pokoko said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Pretty much, yeah.  You have only to look at how some people in this thread are acting.  They aren't disappointed that the game has problems, they're happy that the game has problems.  That tells us everything we need to know.  Not just with regards to this game, either, but about those people themselves.

Except it's only timed exclusive, that's pretty much been confirmed minus the actual announcement already. The game has severe performance issues and some people, albeit mostly on PC, find the game barely playable with the amount of crashes. To defend a dev who releases a game in this state, as well as lieing about features... Is doing the entire games industry a diservice and condoning what they've done. Opening the practise to other devs.

zero129 said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Yeah, it was interesting to me because they both said they were playing on pcs and upgraded their pcs in anticipation of the game.  I didn't ask what they had but indid ask if it ran ok and they didn't understand what i meant and just said something to the effect "yeah, its awesome".

totally oblivious to the internet movement on it.  Anecdotal i know but it was weird to me since I visit sites often.  

This is what i cant figure out. So many people with powerful pc's are complaining that they cant run the game or it runs like shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGGI8Yr2zUw

Yet if you watch this video here of me playing it on max settings in 1080P you can see my framerate in the top right of the screen and it runs GREAT!.

Now remember im recording at the same time so add an extra 10fps to get my framerate when im not recording.

My specs are only an i5-2500K, AMD R9-280x and 8gb ram.

Hopefully you will be able to see the video, i added the song "Joker" to it and it says its blocked in some countrys :-/ .

The video is worth a watch if people want to know how the game runs since they can see for themselfs.

I have an R9 280x also :).  Good card.

i haven't played it on PC so I am not sure but it was just what a couple people told me today.  It was interesting because they had no idea the game was hated.

Marco....

I don't know about No Man Sky but I know I'm having a great time with Starbound. You travel through space, gather resources and it's actually fun to play.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

No option for me in the poll? Outrageous!

I don't have the game but I'm moderately interested in it. If the biggest (technical) issues get fixed, I'll definitely be getting the game when it's on sale. I enjoy the concept even if the execution is flawed, and I'm willing to pay for that unless the execution is outright horrible (which it doesn't sound to be).