By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Savage IGN review (No Man's Sky)

Mike_L said:
baloofarsan said:

IGN feed and lived on the hype of NMS for almost a year, didn't they?

Good point

Nah. They just gave the people what they wanted. But when it was review time, they kept it solid. I say good on them.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Mike_L said:

Good point

1: They just gave the people what they wanted.

2: But when it was review time, they kept it solid.

1: Yes, that's the definition of feeding on the hype.

2: "If the reviews agree with my opinion, they're right"

Mike_L said:
bunchanumbers said:

pretty much. But really there are plenty of reviews that agree with me.

Mike_L said:
bunchanumbers said:

Except we all know 2 is an over simplification people like to use when they wanna argue a certain point of view. In truth, certain things simply are right, because they're objectively, and factually correct. The contents of this review, are correct. The game is riddled with technical issues. That's a fact. The game doesn't offer a whole wealth of unique content on it's near limitless planets. That's a fact. You will need to do a lot of tedious, boring mineral collecting to keep going. Even the people who are enjoying the game are acknowledging this as a fact. The combat is simplistic and shallow. Not disputed by anyone. The main draw of the game is to just keep keeping on and seeing what new crazy weird alien designs and planets you might find. Also fact.

Now we can argue score. Scores are completely subjective and tell you very little about whether a game might appeal to you. But the actual meat of a well written review, while framed by experience and personal preferences, contains a great deal of information that is simply right.

I'm glad that this got savaged, indie teams should not pretend to be something they are not. Do a sidescroller or something easy, make it a bit artsy like limbo or cuphead and sell it for 20 to 30 bucks.... All the neck beards in the media will go crazy for it.
Thanks for making this thread OnionBelly.... I've seen you around....

Around the Network

concidering what I have played, a 6 seems very high for a game that crashes this much and has so little gameplay, obviously there is a great sense of discovery and it can be fun to upgrade some stuff but overall for $60 even if you like it, on launch, its just not worth it.

Obviously I expect in a year from now the game will be much more impressive but thats not what we bought this year lol and the game won't be $60 at that point either.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I was going to get this game but 2 things put me off:

1. All the reviews seem to share a common theme: 'it isn't what you hoped for, or what was advertised, and it gets boring real quick'. and
2: THE PRICE! What's the point of having indie developers if you're going to hi-jack their work and try to sell it for the price of a AAA game? Not in a million years am I paying that for it.

I will just wait for this to hit PS+ or get a significant price cut.

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

BasilZero said:

Yikes I just skimmed through it and was expecting to see the part where he was asked if you can meet friends and then he said "YES" - I remember seeing that gif on the thread on GAF mentioning that two people went to the same exact planet but didnt see each other l0l

Savage as hell.

But I'm still gonna get it on Steam once its fixed and heavily discounted.

Probably the mosty savage collection of answers and promises I've seen in a while.

Also yeah I'll be doing the same, hopefully there will be a decent amount of mods going for it by then. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

What is the point of having a review thread if reviews are constantly posted in their own threads afterwards

KLAMarine said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I usually don't trust anything Dan Stapleton says after he pussied out of Bloodborne so hard he wrote an article about it but this review is ok.

What happened?

He wrote an entire article bitching about Bloodborne because he couldn't lower the difficulty.