By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Savage IGN review (No Man's Sky)

I usually don't trust anything Dan Stapleton says after he pussied out of Bloodborne so hard he wrote an article about it but this review is ok.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Jumpin said:

They're not really known for harsh review scores except that time they thought Tactics Ogre was a Final Fantasy Tactics ripoff. A 6/10 on IGN is the same as a 3 or 4.

Yeah I know.But I think that is true for most reviewers nowadays though.They dont really use the 1-10 scale, and more of a 5-10.Either because they are afraid of the backlash for giving a game(when it deserves) a really low score of 4 for example, or just because they just cant give an honest score because they got acoustomed to this.(before someone jump on me for this comment, it is not aimed at No mans Sky, but games that are reviewed in general)

One of the few reviewers that i personally feel like gives the score that it really means is Jim Sterling.But again, just my opinion.

I have found myself agreeing more and more with Sterling lately as well.

BraLoD said:
Just wanna point if the game was treated as an indie, what it is, it would be getting a whole lot of nine and tens, IGN included.

Pretty telling how games scores are always based on arbritary standards and value perception, rather then on a solid, logical based pattern.

Glad somebody else noticed that all Indies get overrated for low investment. Very unfair to the high value AAA productions graded on the same scale

Ill still pick it up. Seems like a game I can really get lost in just discovering new planets and species:)

pokoko said:
Nem said:

Sony are the publisher are they not? I don't think halo games has the infrastructure to make physical releases. As far as i know, the publisher set's the price. They are the bosses at the end of the day. I imagine the rest was simply matched. I'm sure there was agreement but it's not like this is a game with a triple A budget, so the only company of the two that i would see bring forth this idea is Sony. If this was an independent release i can pretty much garantee it wouldn't come out at that price. It was made to lower the risk for Sony's advertisement push.

No Man's Sky™

A science-fiction game set in an infinite procedurally generated universe

PS4

Release Date: Out Now

Genre: Action Sandbox

Publisher: Hello Games

Developer: Hello Games

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/

I don't believe for a second that an indie developer has the capability to produce millions of physical copies. Even if thats what it says there is no way that is true in practical terms. You saying Sony paid for the advertisement and manufactoring and ain't getting anything? I don't buy it. Theres something fishy in this story. Probably related to the ownership of the IP.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
I usually don't trust anything Dan Stapleton says after he pussied out of Bloodborne so hard he wrote an article about it but this review is ok.

What happened?

Nuvendil said:

I mean, it's a funny video but it is also rather disingenuous.  It's true there are baren and weird planets and not EVERY one is a Jurassic Park style paradise.  But there are a lot of genuinely beautiful, lush planets.  I am in a system right now with two really beautiful ones, one of which has these enormous dragon-type things.  Another is like an alien Eden but unfortunately has the most pissy security Sentinels I've encountered. 

For example, this is a planet some dude found while playing:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9iN6T0v__8

I saw this post yesterday and knew it would be completely ignored

OT: I think the price is a bit steep but considering how much fun I've had with friends in Minecraft, I'll buy this when/if it gets multiplayer.

The 3 of my PSN friends that have bought and actually have played NMS (unlike many of this thread's posters - no offense) are enjoying it quite a lot and don't have tecnical problems.

Nuvendil said:
Teeqoz said:

I mean, it's a funny video but it is also rather disingenuous.  It's true there are baren and weird planets and not EVERY one is a Jurassic Park style paradise.  But there are a lot of genuinely beautiful, lush planets.  I am in a system right now with two really beautiful ones, one of which has these enormous dragon-type things.  Another is like an alien Eden but unfortunately has the most pissy security Sentinels I've encountered. 

For example, this is a planet some dude found while playing:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9iN6T0v__8

Almost all my moons look like this.  So now I like the barren planets more.

(I know it is possible to post pictures from PS4 but I am new to the console and havent bothered to learn how to do it yet.)

bunchanumbers said:
I'm glad that they didn't fall for the hype.

IGN feed and lived on the hype of NMS for almost a year, didn't they?

baloofarsan said:
bunchanumbers said:
I'm glad that they didn't fall for the hype.

IGN feed and lived on the hype of NMS for almost a year, didn't they?

Good point