By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Savage IGN review (No Man's Sky)

pokoko said:
Maybe you should just make an "I hate NMS" mega-thread? You can collect all the negative articles and reviews you can find in that one place and save yourself some work.

Eh...not saying I enjoy the flurry of negative news, but IGN isn't a small time reviewer, so having its own thread is fine. Putting everything into one mega-thread usually means the discussion will be filtered, and not everyone cares to visit something like that. I'm sure a few people here and there are interested in what IGN has to say, good or bad.

I suppose it was probably the same story for Star Fox Zero or Quantum Break, honestly. Or really any negative news. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Libara said:
pokoko said:

You do know that the developer and/or publisher set the price for a game, right?

Sony published the game on PS4.

Somebody had better let Sony know that, then.

No Man's Sky™

A science-fiction game set in an infinite procedurally generated universe

PS4

Release Date: Out Now

Genre: Action Sandbox

Publisher: Hello Games

Developer: Hello Games

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/

I will wait till this is free on PSN Plus then. I am on a short budget, so don´t judge me. I am paying my house, my car and the rain destroyed part of my roof yesterday =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

pokoko said:
Libara said:

Sony published the game on PS4.

Somebody had better let Sony know that, then.

No Man's Sky™

A science-fiction game set in an infinite procedurally generated universe

PS4

Release Date: Out Now

Genre: Action Sandbox

Publisher: Hello Games

Developer: Hello Games

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/

I was looking at google which brought up the wiki.

https://www.google.ch/?client=firefox-b-ab#q=no+mans+sky+publisher

CGI-Quality said:
onionberry said:

Yeah 3 NMS  threads with 3 different subjects in 3 different days. But this is the last one cause  people get defensive even when I post a review without my personal opinion.

I'm not saying there's necessarily anything wrong here, but if this is what you're gonna post, people are going to, from time-to-time, have something to say about it. And telling people to "chill out" will never be met with a positive reaction. Just some food for thought.

Otherwise, carry on.

yeah you're right, I'l try to be less rude.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

yeah you're right, I'l try to be less rude.

So more berry and less onion?

sweet onion c:

BraLoD said:
Just wanna point if the game was treated as an indie, what it is, it would be getting a whole lot of nine and tens, IGN included.

Pretty telling how games scores are always based on arbritary standards and value perception, rather then on a solid, logical based pattern.

You expect game journalists to be rational in some way? Good luck with that.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Super_Boom said:

Eh...not saying I enjoy the flurry of negative news, but IGN isn't a small time reviewer, so having its own thread is fine. Putting everything into one mega-thread usually means the discussion will be filtered, and not everyone cares to visit something like that. I'm sure a few people here and there are interested in what IGN has to say, good or bad.

I suppose it was probably the same story for Star Fox Zero or Quantum Break, honestly. Or really any negative news. 

The thing is, the OP has three anti-NMS threads in the last few days.  If that's something that's going to continue with more threads, where they're trying to push their opinion with quantity rather than quality, then I really think it brings the forums down to a lower level.

Libara said:

I was looking at google which brought up the wiki.

https://www.google.ch/?client=firefox-b-ab#q=no+mans+sky+publisher

Everything I can find has NMS as being self-published and self-funded, with the IP belonging to Hello Games.

I expected some bad impressions when I heard about that price tag. 60$ AAA games disappoint a lot of people, so an indie game for that price doesn't bode well (at least, if it's not like that game that's being developed by one guy 0.0)

pokoko said:
Nem said:

Nailed it! The problem was Sony got greedy and tried to sell an indie game as a triple A experience. If the game was 30 it would've gotten big praises.

You do know that the developer and/or publisher set the price for a game, right?

Sony are the publisher are they not? I don't think halo games has the infrastructure to make physical releases. As far as i know, the publisher set's the price. They are the bosses at the end of the day. I imagine the rest was simply matched. I'm sure there was agreement but it's not like this is a game with a triple A budget, so the only company of the two that i would see bring forth this idea is Sony. If this was an independent release i can pretty much garantee it wouldn't come out at that price. It was made to lower the risk for Sony's advertisement push.