By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another Game, Another Internet Hate Bandwagon

Tagged games:

I think No Man's Sky is a great game, I like the idea of relaxing spending my time traveling, looking for resources, seeing what I find. Yet, I do feel something was missing from it. I mean it doesn't look like the first shots we saw and this is disappointing, I've yet to see a giant dinosaur like animal, largest I've seen is a giant deer.

You know what No Man's Sky should have been? Sony should have had faith in Hello Games technology, given them an extra 50 employees and they should have made a new Colony Wars in a massive universe with the chance of meeting people. The idea being you still get the resource gathering, technology learning but to build better space combat ships to fight battles not just more exploration.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
naruball said:

Not really. Not in the real word anyway.

Sean Murray is swimming in cash at the moment. Why would he not hype his game as much as possible if it ends up selling extremely well?

I was saying how to avoid getting hate...

If all you want is the money then yeah, hype it up as much as you can, just don't be surprised when it gets a lot of hate.

Hence the bolded.

They are a business. Of course they'll prioritise success over silly things such as "internet hate". It'd be incredibly silly to avoid hyping your game, thus resulting to significantly less sales, just to avoid the mean things people on the internet may say regardless of hype.

Games like The Division, No Man's Sky and Quantum Break are games that were hyped until the saturation point, so when they didn't match the expectations (that the publishers themselves created), people were angry.

Games like StarFox Zero and MP FF are games from IPs that haven't had a game in a while, and people were dissapointed with the design choices, specially after a long wait.

I didn't even know there even was a controversy around Mirror's Edge Catalyst, can someone inform me about that?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Star Fox Zero
Metroid Prime Federation Force
The Division
Quantum Break
Mirrors Edge Catalyst

I don't know for Quantum Break, but all the other games on that list deserve the hate they got.

every of these games deserved it imo, just by the pure hype alone. Sony went even as far making no mans sky a multiplat on PC just to get some exclusivity, i dont think it was worth and they shouldnt do it with any game regardless if they are just indies.

Around the Network

The division didn't get much hate.

Where was the hype for Quantum Break? I remember all the complaining pre-release. Also I haven't seen much hate for Mirror's Edge or Division.

Sloppy quality control and hasty release will make a game be hated, it's normal.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Star Fox Zero <- Bad controls, Non existence story, flat characters. Hate deserved. 

Metroid Prime Federation Force <- I don't know yet, a game no one asked for. People want a real Metroid and got this.. .

The Division <- Lackluster Story, no character development. Boring MP part, enemy sponges. Hate deserved.

Quantum Break <- Didn't played it.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst <- EA, lackluster story, uninteresting characters. Stupid and annoying sidequests and stuff to do. Way too dificult sidequests, a world no one cares about. Hate more than deserved.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Mike321 said:
Federation Force deserves it tho

And so does Star Fox Zero to a smaller extent. Can't comment about the others.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---