Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Starbound Thread: 1.2 Vault Update

Chazore said:
Cloudman said:

Dang, that's a lot of mods for the game already. I'm surprised you don't have the frackin' universe mod in there. I hear that one's pretty awesome xD

I can make a section purely for mods in the OP.

I am looking into that mod =P, not sure if I'll go for it yet. I want to make sure the mods I go for are just about friendly for when I hang with other people in their worlds, the locker one for example works in your own game but joining another turns it back to normal unless they too use the mod.

Yeah, the Frakin' Mod does major changes, and I don' recommend getting it if you plan on playing with a lot of people, unless everyone has it. I tried playing with my friend who got it, and I couldn't see him or his ship. He'd have to get rid of the mods for us to play together again. So... I dunno if we want to include that one..

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Had a small play session with one of my files. Found a base full of apes! Looks like they have some animals in here.

Be freee, weird animals!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

When the sign says "danger", surely it means nothing bad is going to happen

I managed to stumble across one of those U.S.C.M prisons, only the inmates had already killed their wardens, I strolled on in thinking they were total bros, boy was I wrong lol.

Aaah, the animals were cute and kind to me xD

Also found this challenge room while I dug down into the center of the earth xD

Dance my pretties!

Went adventuring a bit today, a notable find this time was a human prison base. The people there weren't too happy to see me. I think they should just listen to the poster right by me...

Also, here's a full pic of my house that was used in the OP banner~ It's still a WIP...

Dance my pretties!

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Went adventuring a bit today, a notable find this time was a human prison base. The people there weren't too happy to see me. I think they should just listen to the poster right by me...

Also, here's a full pic of my house that was used in the OP banner~ It's still a WIP...

Hey you found one of them prison areas that I ran into a few days back =P.

Also your house is miles better than mine, I;m too much of a space hobo and built my temp home on my ship instead. I'lll look into building a place on one of the water worlds though, like me an underwater base. Also a moon base is good for that colony rent money I hear. 

Chazore said:
Cloudman said:

Hey you found one of them prison areas that I ran into a few days back =P.

Also your house is miles better than mine, I;m too much of a space hobo and built my temp home on my ship instead. I'lll look into building a place on one of the water worlds though, like me an underwater base. Also a moon base is good for that colony rent money I hear. 

Yeah, I thought it would be good to post a shot of the prison

And I made the house JUST for the banner for the thread. I wanted to do one based on the tune with the same name. You know the one....

Love that tune

What you wanna do sounds like it'll be a lot more work, but would def be cool to do. I'd love to see screenshots when you do it. Also, doing a colony base on a moon would be cheatiing : T I know about that trick...

Dance my pretties!

Well, I continued on my journey and found a few more things. Such as...

Hey look! I found the planet of the apes! i will not submit to the Big Ape!!

Found these rather scary looking creatures, including flying robots and monsters with giant eyes for faces!

Ran into a toad's mushroom person's house! Complete with a mushroom roofing.

I also found the Japanese a hylotl village.

Pretty good trip this time around.

Dance my pretties!

Well. We hit the jackpot. Since we have a megathread deity in charge, this thread is probably going to be pretty lively.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Chazore said:

Also I was going to do this with the original idea i had for the thread:

I'll be dishing out 3 copies of the game to 3 people who post for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd spots. Remember that you have to have a Steam account in order for me to gift it to you. Don't forget to list your Steam name.

Dude if you still have a copy of the game up for grabs id be more then happy to take one .

Ive been wanting to try the game after hearing all you guys talk about it lol xD.