Welcome to the Starbound Thread, where we discuss everything Starbound related here!
Latest Starbound Updates:
Starbound 1.2 - Vault Update
Heya, it's been awhile since the last post on Starbound, but now there's a new update to the game, which adds more content to the post-game.
New features include:
- Players who have completed the main storyline can visit a mysterious trader on the Outpost who will send them on a quest to activate and enter the Ancient Gateways found floating in some systems
- These gateways provide access to Ancient Vaults: challenging procedural dungeons left by the ancients, filled with dangerous guardians (including procedural bosses!) and fantastic lost technologies
- Using powerful devices acquired from the Ancient Vaults along with a new Essence currency, you can now transform regions or whole planets into entirely different biomes
- Terraformers can be used to expand a region across a planet’s surface, replacing natural blocks, objects and plant life, and eventually changing the type of the planet itself
- Microformers are consumable single-use terraformers which provide even more region types to add to your worlds
- Use the ancient anvil available at the end of Ancient Vaults and spend Essence to upgrade your outdated legendary weapons, opening up many new options for endgame combat styles
- Monsters now have resistance and weakness to elemental damage types, making your choice of weapons more important than ever
- Celebrate the holidays with the variety of festive items bought from Space Santa at the Outpost!
What Is Starbound?
Starbound is a 2D space acion adventure sandbox game similar to Minecraft and Terraria, feature crafting, combat, and exploration. Create a character from a range of 7 races and set off into the stars. With your home planet lost, it's your task to gather resources to survive, explore various planets, and solve the mystery behind the destruction of your planet, while finding and restoring your life somewhere in the vast universe. Go at it alone, or with a group of friends, the infinite universe awaits you.
Choose a race. You have 7 to choose from~
Board your ship.
Explore a planet.
Gather resources. (You know... for survivial and stuff...)
Explore other various planets. (All those shines have planets to explore!)
Discover various biomes. (I didn't sign up for this!)
Take a break and cook some food (Cuz... food is pretty important xD )
Discover mysterious structures. (What's this anchor do...?)
Speak with various other lifeforms (Hey there frog man :D )
Find treasure. (Finders keepers!)
Upgrade your gear. (No, don't stare Dx )
Take and complete quests (Surprise! There's no exp in this game! Joke's on you!)
Find crew members to join you (Hello Yanny the Yanitor~ )
Build a crew. (Meet the Runaway Brides!)
Upgrade your ship (They are professional penguins)
Get even more crew members. (Yay, more brides!)
Build a home. (Just a modest home...)
Start a garden (...on a winter planet. Totally makes sense!)
Build homes for tenants (featuring: The Monopoly guy~)
Capture monsters and become a pokemon master
And much more...
If you want to see a trailer, here's one. Fair warning: I think it spoils a bit too much on the game...
Mods for the Game
Here is a list of mods you can use for Starbound.
Larger lockers and Larger lockers improved
Disabled drop for Survival Mode
Added Content Mods
Earth's Finest - Crew Improvements
Matter Manipulator Manipulator
What Platforms is Starbound Available On?
Starbound is now officially available on steam, so you can pick it up there if you are interested in playing! Other interested in a console version, Starbound has a planned release on the PS4, Vita, and Xbox One. More information will be added once the release dates have been announced.
...And that concludes some of the basics and features on Starbound. Happy traveling, protectors!
Dance my pretties!
The Official Art Thread - The Official Manga Thread - The Official Starbound Thread