By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Satoru Iwata continued to work in his hospital room until his passing.

Fuck - Ing - Leg- End.

Amazing man, you could tell he loved his job, you could tell he kept track of every little bit of sales information, trend, or whatever.

Around the Network

We miss you Iwata. ):

Lawlight said:
No one else finds this odd? You're on your death bed and you're not spending the whole time with your family?

That is the whole point. 

That is how dedicated Iwata was and how much he actually cared about what he did. 

I am sure he is looking down from above and is happy to see the effect of it! 

Lawlight said:
No one else finds this odd? You're on your death bed and you're not spending the whole time with your family?

There are 24 hours in a day. Im sure the family members also have somethings to do and can't be there for 24 hours. And im sure Iwata wants to keep doing what he loves until the end just like most of us here. 

And who says that your fellow staff members and friends can't be your family? Even pets and animals can be considered as someones family. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Really? He spent his last moments on Pokemon Go... what a waste!

Seriously though, the guy's a champion! I bet most people myself included use sickness as an excuse not to work!

Around the Network

He was simply amazing. It's rare to see someone with as much dedication as Iwata.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RolStoppable said:

Pokémon Go made the 3DS win July NPD. Sales of the mainline Pokémon games have drastically increased too.

Are you really a Pokémon fan? I don't see why you should complain about PoGo when it has verifiably improved the popularity of the games you love.

Of course I am, that is exactly why I complain about Pokemon Go because it's a bad game that hurts Pokemon's good name, well that and I'm anti-mobile. I don't base my likeness of things on how much they sold or how popular it is, and being a fan of something doesn't mean you have to like every single thing that something does unconditionally.

This is complete clickbait BS. He barely did much of anything on any of the games he "worked on," he was mostly just a PR and business person. Sounds like people are getting desperate to damage control Nintendo's current state of affairs after all the stuff that's happening with NX (or lack thereof) and the mess Pokemon GO has become.

User was moderated for this post ~StarOcean

asdasdz01 said:
Q/微信158167775办理国外大学毕业证成绩单和教育部学历学位认证★诚招代理★
洲际教育留学服务中心面向世界各国留学生提供以下服务:
<1>真实教育部学历学位认证,教育部留学服务中心永久存档可查。
<2>毕业证、成绩单等全套材料,从防伪到印刷,从水印到钢印烫金,与学校100%相同。
<3>办理真实使馆公证(即留学回国人员证明,免费申请货后付款,不成功不收费!!!)
<4>可以提供钢印、水印、烫金、激光防伪、凹凸版、最新版的毕业证、百分之百让您绝对满意、设计,印刷,DHL快递;毕业证、成绩单7个工作日,真实大使馆教育部认证2个月。

Really? Why would anyone spam a thread like this? But damn, he had dedication. RIP

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

IDOLxISxDEAD said:
This is complete clickbait BS. He barely did much of anything on any of the games he "worked on," he was mostly just a PR and business person. Sounds like people are getting desperate to damage control Nintendo's current state of affairs after all the stuff that's happening with NX (or lack thereof) and the mess Pokemon GO has become.

You clearly haven't watched the Gaming Historian doc on YouTube or read the stories about Iwata from his contemporaries and co-workers. He was a tireless worker as a developer, programmer, leader, and president. Melee, Earthbound, Gold and Silver, Kirby, Wii, and DS wouldn't have been why they are if it weren't for his help and guidance. Whether through success or failure, he did his job with the best of his ability.