By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Satoru Iwata continued to work in his hospital room until his passing.

Einsam_Delphin said:
RolStoppable said:

Pokémon Go made the 3DS win July NPD. Sales of the mainline Pokémon games have drastically increased too.

Are you really a Pokémon fan? I don't see why you should complain about PoGo when it has verifiably improved the popularity of the games you love.

Of course I am, that is exactly why I complain about Pokemon Go because it's a bad game that hurts Pokemon's good name, well that and I'm anti-mobile. I don't base my likeness of things on how much they sold or how popular it is, and being a fan of something doesn't mean you have to like every single thing that something does unconditionally.

Ooooo! Well said. I can get behind that reasoning. Rol has good points too, but you sir just broke some boards with that karate.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Just one more reason to respect and appreciate Iwata.

RolStoppable said:
COKTOE said:

Ooooo! Well said. I can get behind that reasoning. Rol has good points too, but you sir just broke some boards with that karate.

To be honest, I didn't reply to Einsam_Delphin because it's hopeless. I just told him that the popularity of mainline Pokémon games has increased, yet he thinks that PoGo is hurting Pokémon's good name. If he was right, then Pokémon sales should go down because that is what happens when something hurts an IP.

Also important, I wasn't asking him to like or play PoGo, but rather telling him that hating it is unwarranted. After all, it does no harm to the games he does like.

Ah, yes. I didn't read the intial comments. Just the last 2. My bad. The internet!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RolStoppable said:

To be honest, I didn't reply to Einsam_Delphin because it's hopeless.

Yet you replied to me in the first place. And sadly no, quality does not always go hand in hand with popularity and success, see Pokemon Go.

RolStoppable said:

I admit that I hadn't given up you completely, but you quickly showed me that today will not be the day where things change.

Well that's a more creative cop out, I'll give you that much. Now stop starting things you aren't capable of finishing.