By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No mans sky, Overwatch or Doom? Which should I buy?

No mans sky. 60 euro. 20 35.71%

Overwatch. 70 euro. 9 16.07%

Doom. 35 euro. 19 33.93%

Borderland and destiny on and off. Free. 1 1.79%

Other... 7 12.50%

Total:56

Considering I've played none of the (with the expection of Doom's demo), my advise might not be all that good. However, judging by what I've heard about the games, I'd recommend you wait and see whether No Man's Sky is any good and get it if it is. If it's not, get Overwatch because you can probably get a lot more fun out of it than you can from Doom since Doom's multiplayer isn't supposedly that good.

Since NMS and Overwatch are full price anyway and Doom should be the last option, I don't think there's any reason you should not wait for some NMS reviews before making your decision. It's either the greatest thing ever or the biggest disappointment in years, and I wouldn't take that gamble myself.

Around the Network

Out of the ones you listed Doom, here is my counter argument for either of those games overpriced.

Honestly speaking Overwatch should be crossed out for price alone, you may get a lot of hours of it, but I don't like really MP only games priced at full price. 

I'd go with Doom because it's cheap. Not really that interested in any of these games myself though. Overwatch beta was very good but I wouldn't play it without a team.

It really depends upon what you're looking for, honestly. I own all 3 games, and while I haven't played enough of NMS to formulate a full opinion on it, I can tell you what it is not. It is not an action game by any means. It may be in first-person, but it is not an fps, at least in the way that Borderlands or Destiny are. You can shoot things, but only if you really want to, and that element of the gameplay isn't nearly as satisfying as in a pure shooter (nor is it meant to be). There is action within, including some fun space combat, but it is first and foremost about exploring planets and surviving the harsh elements they present. The sense of scale is incredible, but unless you're looking for a gaming equivalent of hard science fiction, where the focus is more on exploration and discovery than on "fun," necessarily. I'm certainly enjoying the game, but it isn't for everyone at all.

If you're choosing between Doom and Overwatch, it depends completely upon whether you want a hellishly fun single or multiplayer experience. Of the three games, Overwatch is the one I've played the most, though the game is currently light on modes. It's addictive as hell, but can get repetitive if you prefer story-based co-op like that in Destiny or Borderlands.

Doom has a great campaign, and some extremely disappointing multiplayer, at least in my opinion. It's pure old-school, gory fun. If you ever played Doom 1 or 2 and enjoyed them, you'll like this one as well. Since you seemed to like Shadow Warrior, I would describe Doom as a much more polished version of that.

Hope that helps :)

just dont get overwatch

Around the Network

I'm getting all three eventually, when the price is right.

Both Doom and NMS look fantastic imo.

Either would probably be a good buy.

All 3 games are good but I would choose Doom for now.
I am pretty sure that Overwatch and No Man's Sky will receive price dropes in 2 months like Doom. Then you can buy them too. But for now Doom seems like the best choice imo.

John2290 said:
Ruler said:
just dont get overwatch

Why?

well its 70€ and a MP game only, its Overrated and a  bad bussines practice imo 

I'd choose No Man's Sky because of the selection I feel you'll get a very fresh new experience and many hours of gameplay.