By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: The Telltale Series 766p on PS4, 614p on Xbone, drops below 20fps

Dyllyo said:
Funny how no one cares about resolution when we're talking about Nintendo games...but it's a HUGE deal when it's for any other platform.

Because Nintendo both makes the hardware and develops basically every game for it, so they are able to use the same resolution they promised from day one over and over again as a natural part of the development process with engines designed for a single system? I mean, why does Nintendo even matter here? Is this supposed to be flamebait, or are you just desperate to find some place in a conversation regarding two systems of which you don't even own one?

The fact is, games by and large should be able to run at a minimum 900p on the PS4 and Xbone hardware with a stable 30 FPS. If that can't be achieved, either a game is especially demanding, or in the case of a simple Telltale title, horribly coded and terribly optimized. Performance does matter when third party developers  are choosing to put their games on a system.

Around the Network

No care about resolution in this kind of games but... BAD PERFOMANCE?? Where's the new engine?

In Sony We Trust!

Sub-HD in 2016. Christ.

I'm curious to hear about the frame rate on the Xbox One S to see how much it improves over the original X1. Could be interesting.

Still waiting on The Wolf Among Us Season 2...

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
Dyllyo said:
Funny how no one cares about resolution when we're talking about Nintendo games...but it's a HUGE deal when it's for any other platform.

Apples to oranges.

Nintendo is known for delivering rock-solid performances, (usually on inferior hardware) being one of the few devs/publishers that actually delivers on 60 fps nowadays. They haven't delivered a single sub-HD game on the wiiU as far as I'm aware.

Telltale meanwhile is known for having a crappy, outdated engine and delivering bad performances, but sub HD while dipping below 20 fps on hardware like Ps4/xone is seen as a new low (and rightly so).

And people still play Telltale games...

I tried The Walking Dead on my Vita and it was awful (don't they have some QA to avoid releasing something like this?), never tried another Telltale game since then and don't plan to...

Luke888 said:
And people still play Telltale games...

Most of the time they're actually quite enjoyable.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Versus_Evil said:
I didn't even notice nor do I care. Episode 1 was fun.

It seems in this gen that more people care about resolutions and framerates instead of the gameplay and story. 

- Max Payne 3