By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: The Telltale Series 766p on PS4, 614p on Xbone, drops below 20fps

Gonna wait for a version optimized for Scorpio.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

This is... barely acceptable (resolution & performance).
Thats a low standard to aim for.

Where is their pride in the work they do, if they keep shipping games with these issues?

Dyllyo said:
Funny how no one cares about resolution when we're talking about Nintendo games...but it's a HUGE deal when it's for any other platform.

You're ignoring that Nintendo platforms have significantly pooerer hardware. The stardards are just different, if a flagship Wii U title was sub HD with terrible Fps performance people would talk about it.

ktay95 said:
People really need to stop buying their games until they get their shit together -_-

I don't see a reason to. I see people who hate their games focus on resolution when their games never looked that good anyway. I've enjoyed all their games that I have played and plan on buying Batman: TTS when it's on sale.

In terms of story, their games are fantastic, imo.

Dyllyo said:
Funny how no one cares about resolution when we're talking about Nintendo games...but it's a HUGE deal when it's for any other platform.

Don't forget games like Fez (2012), Undertale (2015) and other indies that look like shit for games that have come out recently. Somehow those get a free pass.

What should TT do? Make their games 16-bit for the "retro feel"?

Around the Network

Please bring back Arkham, I don't want to go back to the bad old days of sub-par Batman games :(

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Kerotan said:

If you haven't play the Wolf among us.  An absolute must imo.  Their best game.  

Anyway bad performance on the ps4 and even worse on the x1. But it's telltale and to be expected. 

Yes, I did. Like I said, I stopped after The Walking Dead Season 2... 2014, I think.

And, like the video said, the performance was not acutally worse on Xbox One due to more "stable" FPS and even some details that are missing on PS4, only the resolution is worst... But yeah, forget that, this game looks like garbage on both system.

And I'm not sure if they will try to fix that. Probably they will spend their time retweeting positive feedback and teasing new episodes as if masterpieces are coming, like they always do.

Same here.  

Loved the walking season 1. Loved the Wolf among us.  Then I liked the walking dead season 2. 

Haven't played a telltale game since.  Probably will someday but there's only so much of that type of game I want to play and I only ever buy them cheap on sale. 

I am so happy I didn't fall into this trap this time, steam reviews have also been all over the place with bad performance :( telltale, no more, fix your ..... engine

Twitter @CyberMalistix

malistix1985 said:
 telltale, no more, fix your ..... engine

That's the scary part, this IS their "upgraded" engine:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/03/21/telltales-engine-is-getting-an-upgrade-for-the-batman-series

Never really cared about telltale games. I've heard that the trophies are easy to get though ;).

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P