By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: The Telltale Series 766p on PS4, 614p on Xbone, drops below 20fps

curl-6 said:
malistix1985 said:
 telltale, no more, fix your ..... engine

That's the scary part, this IS their "upgraded" engine:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/03/21/telltales-engine-is-getting-an-upgrade-for-the-batman-series

Well I guess their upgrade didn't fix the problem, I am a strong believer we need to vote with our wallets and altough the story has always been fun in the Telltale games the performance, crashes and optimalisations have been so bad I personally just cannot put money towards that because in that case it will never really improve, maybe they should stop releasing their games on every platform ever imagined (including mobile) or maybe they should spent more time developing, testing.

I remember the horror that was their games on PSVITA, after 3 corrupt saves I tought PS4 version would be better, then I tought the PC version would be better.... I wasted so much money on this company.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
bluedawgs said:
Yeah that is some garbage and they should be ashamed to release a game in this state, truly shows a lack of fucks given when games like Street Fighter V or Assassin's Creed Unity or Batman: Arkham Knight (on PC) release in broken and/or unfinished states and actually sell less or much less than what was ever expected and the developer loses good will, credibility and trust from consumers. Not only that, but Tell Tale should be ashamed of themselves because technical masterpieces such as DOOM, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank just released so we can all look at those games and laugh at just how inferior this piece of shit is compared to them on a gameplay, story, character, animation, or basically anything stand point. Some companies truly do just never learn, and Tell Tale is definitely one of them considering like every game they release has performance issues.

SFV has its issues but the quality of the PC port isn't one of them. The lack of content for a $60 title, particularly single player content was and is it's biggest issue. 

Yeah, telltale games always run badly and stutter all over the place. They spread themselves thin on too many projects.

How can a game with so simple graphics have this low resolution and worse yet, this bad performance?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Telltale's ready to embrace XB1 Scorpio and PS4 Neo loll *sarcasm

Around the Network

Lol, and with instanced games like this being so low on the scale for hardware demands o begin with, this is atrocious optimization and nothing else.
Completely ridiculous.

ktay95 said:
People really need to stop buying their games until they get their shit together -_-

I'd rather enjoy a game with good story than not buing it because of some technical issues i don't really care about.

GaoGaiGarV said:
ktay95 said:
People really need to stop buying their games until they get their shit together -_-

I'd rather enjoy a game with good story than not buing it because of some technical issues i don't really care about.

I thought the same until The Wolf Among Us felt to 0 fps during a combat and I got repeatedly killed without even having the chance of pressing the correct button.

Kerotan said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Yes, I did. Like I said, I stopped after The Walking Dead Season 2... 2014, I think.

And, like the video said, the performance was not acutally worse on Xbox One due to more "stable" FPS and even some details that are missing on PS4, only the resolution is worst... But yeah, forget that, this game looks like garbage on both system.

And I'm not sure if they will try to fix that. Probably they will spend their time retweeting positive feedback and teasing new episodes as if masterpieces are coming, like they always do.

Same here.  

Loved the walking season 1. Loved the Wolf among us.  Then I liked the walking dead season 2. 

Haven't played a telltale game since.  Probably will someday but there's only so much of that type of game I want to play and I only ever buy them cheap on sale. 

If you do, I highly recomed Tales of Borderlands, is their best game along WD season 1 and Wolf Among Us, I actually liked it more than the later.

It's ironic that the waaaay better looking Arkham Knight runs at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on X1 with a pretty solid 30fps performance.

Either way, the claim that it runs at those resolutions is wrong, since the game is 900p on PS4 and 720p on X1. The letterbox don't make it 766p or 614, specially because those resolutions in a full screen would have a lower horizontal pixel count. Also, it looks better to have a higher resolution with letterboxes because you avoid scaling issues. I'm not defending this attrocious port, just pointing an innacuracy in the original video.