By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HTC Vive China Boss Criticizes PSVR

Kerotan said:
I think I smell fear. He's afraid psvr could take off a lot more than the others which haven't exactly set the world alight.

Have any of these "set the world alight"?

Around the Network

Looks like the biggest gripe is with the Move controllers, which were developed 6 years ago to compete with Wii. So, the guy is absolutly right, and yes PSVR overall will not be Vive. It is the Casual version of VR, and it is going to be the iPhone/Galaxy of the VR world. People will buy PSVR and get invested into the ecosystem. PSVR will continue to trail Vive and Oculous headsets for the next few iterations, but in time they will surpass or match them, but with a much much larger userbase.

I feel we will be seeing new VR headsets from these companies yearly, and improved motion controls and cameras as well. VR is going to be sold like any other major home electronic equipment with yearly revisions with minor to major improvments across the board. VR is no different that a TV or a Smartphone.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

If you have the money and you want the best experience, HTC combined with a good PC will deffenitely be the beter experience, offer more games trough various platforms and benefit from all the advantages offered by Nvidia, who have done a great job to enhance VR and support better drivers.

However, for many people the investment of a PS4 is quite a bit of money, combine that with VR and you have a very large investment, now, the console PLUS the VR headset are less then the HTC headset, so yes, it makes sense we are paying for a lesser experience, but its a way way way more affordable one.

I myself AM going to buy the HTC next year since I am saving up for a new graphics card and the headset, but I can deffenitely see how the PS VR is a more realistic and good choice for almost everyone.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Conina said:

But maybe I'll change my mind when I try the PSVR + HTC Vive out on GamesCom in two weeks and have a direct comparison.

good luck with those waiting lines man, they will certainly be some of the longest at this years GC

The PS4 was created to compete with the Wii?

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Conina said:

But maybe I'll change my mind when I try the PSVR + HTC Vive out on GamesCom in two weeks and have a direct comparison.

good luck with those waiting lines man, they will certainly be some of the longest at this years GC

No waiting lines for PSVR, I already have 2 appointments: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8016007

And I already checked the position of the HTC Vive booth, it will be the first booth I go to:

So I'm prepared. ;)

Its all about the games.
If playstation invests in VR games, and all the pc ends up haveing is small indie games & tech demos.
It wont matter, which is best hardware wise.

In other words : "Please buy our product and not the competitor's one, even if it costs at least twice as much, we assure you it's worth it!". How weird and unexpected...

I had the possibilty to try a bit VR over the last years (being a student of game design has quite some perks) and while its without a soubt impressive, I personally feel that it isnt world changing yet. My guess is that it will turn out similar as how the Wii and Motion controls turned out:
In the first years EVERYONE needs it and every game need it and its everywhere.
Then it loses the novelty, people get bored and start getting annoyed of all the shoehorned in VR.
In the end it becomes a temporary niche-market until the next big leap in technology happens and we get one step further to perfect immersion ala sword art online/matrix etc.

But thats just my take on it.

Being bound to the PS4 and her (compared to gaming PCs) lower power, yes, the PSVR could likely become the Wii of VR. Also for those complaining about the confusing price with no camera or controllers included, theres a pretty nice bundle for that as far as I know.

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

The move controllers are well ahead of any other motion control option in terms of 1:1 tracking..,.

mM