By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HTC Vive China Boss Criticizes PSVR

He is only jealous because Playstation VR will destroy HTC Vive.

Around the Network
Conina said:
Captain_Yuri said:
HTC Vive is the highest VR experience a person can get but it also costs almost twice the amount...

Yeah, it costs €899 + €60 shipping, if you order it in the HTC shop. The cheapest offer is €904 here in Germany (Caseking: €899 + €5 shipping).

PSVR will be available for €399 in Germany, shipping included (f.e. Amazon.de and many other retailers). Add a used PS4 camera (around €30 in perfect condition), and you are set up for most PSVR games. Used PS move controllers will cost you €10 - €20 each, if you are into the motion controlled titles.

So €904 vs. €430 - €470... in my case €904 vs. €399, because I already have the camera and 2 move-controllers.

My PC is VR ready, but I'll wait for the next HTC Vive revision (hopefully without a pentile matrix display) and I will start with VR on my PS4 first.

I want it so bad. When is gonna come the revision u think?

I mean first they should want to drop the price of the current HTC Vive at least once and that may happen in like 6 months, only then can we talk about a revision. So it's gonna be well over a year, perhaps 1.5 years dont u think?

Well I have a high en PC, (2 GTX980 SLI for starters), and a PS4, and I am not even considering HTC Vive, but I, fo sho, will get PSVR as soon as I am able to.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.