By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HTC Vive China Boss Criticizes PSVR

The biggest fear is Sony making it PC compatible.

I would if I were them.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network

PSVR is going to sell better than VIVE and Oculus combined easily I think, so I can understand the concern from a competitors point of view, but they wanted to go all in high end tech, thats their problem, not sonys.

I already have a PS4 and a camera, would rather pay 399 for it than sell out for a PC that is powerful enough (I have a mac) and a very expensive headset. I would really like one, but for now I just want to experience VR without spending lots of cash and to see if later on I care enough to upgrade.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Funny thing is that the Wii was a major hit, bringing fun to millions of people.

There's nothing misleading about PS VR, it is obvious that you need the PS4. The PC needed to run Vive is a lot more expensive than this.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

And still, the majority of gamers won't care for any VR system.

JRPGfan said:
Its all about the games.
If playstation invests in VR games, and all the pc ends up haveing is small indie games & tech demos.
It wont matter, which is best hardware wise.

The Truth.

Around the Network
solidpumar said:
leo-j said:
The move controllers are well ahead of any other motion control option in terms of 1:1 tracking..,.

No, it is not. The Valve lighthouse on the HTC vive is way better.

PSVR +MOVE will never be able to do actual room scale vr like the vive.

I just played Sports champions table tennis again, tracking in perfect, but only in front of the camera ofcourse. Moving in and away from the table works without a hitch, yet turning around so the camera can't see the controller obviously doesn't work. HTC vive with 2 cameras solves that.
How many people want another camera somewhere in the living room though, sticking one on top of the tv can already cause problems.

My living is not compatible unless I want to add extension cords along walls to stick them on the surround speakers and remove the furniture. With wife, kids and a dog a no go, I already step on lego way too often! Seated or manipulating stuff in front of me will have to do.

Chazore said:

Oh boy here we go with the VR wars once more.

When one guy doesn't find it comfortable and tries to mention it not being comfortable for him, then the fires must be lit. Also for pointing out that it's not very high end.

That said PSVR isn't as expensive as the HTC Vive so if course the cheapest product is going to get the most talk or buzz, those that care for high end will talk about that side as well.

What are the VR wars?

If there is a war I'm not sure I understand your perspective of someone speaking on this guys comments as being the person who restarts these wars.  Wouldn't the starter be the person who first made the comments?  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

He scared. PSVR will be the most accessible VR headset, it's also likely to to have the most exclusive content.

Lawlight said:
solidpumar said:

He is talking about the tracking. The psmove controllers.

No, it is not. The Valve lighthouse on the HTC vive is way better.

PSVR +MOVE will never be able to do actual room scale vr like the vive.

Isn't the tracking done by the camera?

Yes.  The PS3 was no slouch, either.  Games like Sports Champion and Tumble could perfectly detect your movement left and right, up and down, as well as forward and backward. I'm sure the HD PS4 Cam , with its two cameras, does it even better.

Won't sell a single one in the UK.