By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Starfox game since 64?

Tagged games:

The best is...

Starfox Zero 70 47.62%

Starfox Assault 28 19.05%

Starfox Adventures 40 27.21%

Starfox Command 9 6.12%

Total:147
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

I found it playable; certainly not ideal, but as the game generally does not require pixel-perfect precision or split-second reflexes I found I could adjust for the latency.

Well I certainly can't.

I mean, sometimes I can. When you're just casually flying around in space without too many enemies around, I guess.

But in some of the boss battles, it is borderline unplayable, as not only does the framerate severely hinder your inputs, it is also bad enough that most of time time you can't even tell what's going on, where your shots are going and where the enemy fire is coming from.

...or at least that's my experience anyways. Of course, I didn't play the game for the first time until 2013, so I judge it from a nowadays point of view and how well it aged, rather than the impact it had 20 years before. But for me, having gotten into the series recently, it's almost impossible to get into the SNES game when there's something like Star Fox 64 around.

I didn't find it quite so confusing, as I found the graphics simple enough to where the screen never gets cluttered, while I just compensate for input lag the same way I do when playing "cinematic" 24fps current gen games. ;)

Around the Network

Star Fox Zero is soooo underrated. I love it and the only flaw is motion controls

Starfox Zero is even better than Starfox 64, I don't care what the rest says.

What a "lovely" selection of games. I guess I will go with Assault.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Adventures for me. I haven't play Star Fox Zero (and don't feel any urge to buy it). Starfox Adventures was such a great game back in the day. Unfortunately people wanted a "proper" Starfox and Adventures failed in that regard. But it's still a great game and I hope NX will have Virtual Console support for Gamecube games.

Around the Network

Had to go with Zero but that just makes the game more tragic, had they not bound the game to the overly complicated control scheme, given it a original story and probably brough Platinum Games on from the start since it seems most of the good points of the game come from their team being Star Fox fanboys and girls, then this might have been a really good game and the first worthy sequel to the classic N64 game fans have been waiting for.

Thank you all for the reminder to pick up Star Fox Zero at some point...

Have a nice day...

spurgeonryan said:
Ummmm......oh god.

Star Fox 64 3D?

I still need to play my copy of the Dinosaur Star Fox game though.

Don't do it! Keep it boxed so you can imagine that it's actually a good game!

On topic, the only ones I've played thus far are Adventures and Assault, so I've been saddled with shitty Star Fox games since then. I own Command and Zero, but they're buried deep in the backlog. Assault is the better game of the two, but getting kicked in the gut is better than getting kicked in the nuts.

Star fox 64 3d on the 3DS

Either that or else the Wii eshop version of Star Fox 64, take your pick.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

NoirSon said:
Had to go with Zero but that just makes the game more tragic, had they not bound the game to the overly complicated control scheme, given it a original story and probably brough Platinum Games on from the start since it seems most of the good points of the game come from their team being Star Fox fanboys and girls, then this might have been a really good game and the first worthy sequel to the classic N64 game fans have been waiting for.

What makes you think that?