By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MCV: NX Graphics In Between A PS3 And PS4

It was a nice trip Nintendo, sincerely grateful. Bye bye

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

Nintendo is really scaring me. I really hope this is a handheld, and not a home console.

same! now if the different setup rumor is true, it would be spot-on

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Tons of Japanese game? Only a handful will ever come West, Japan comes first for Nintendo.

Roketan said:
Soundwave said:

I think this will have tons of Japanese support. Tons. 

Nintendo finally has brought their portable userbase with high end 3D graphics, Japanese devs like S-E will now be able to port even things like Final Fantasy (sure the resolution may have to be cut down and some effects scaled back a tad, but Japanese consumers don't really care about that stuff). 

Western support is contingent on its sales here I guess, but I think it'll be a bit like the Wii U was in its early days, some multiplats, even some of the bigger ones, but not all of them. So possibly something like yes to COD, Ass Creed, Minecraft, and Batman early on, no to some others like GTA, Madden, and Witcher. 

Tons of japanese support will not get the system anywhere worldwide. Also, people were saying the same with WiiU. That it will receive tons of third party support since it's on par with PS3 and we all know what happened. Also, the FF fanbase is on Playstation, the rest will buy the Xbone/PC version. Why anyone would wait for an inferior port (since the system will not be as powerful as PS4)? And there is no way Square Enix will develop FF16 for an inferior system that will require extra work to make it run on low hardware with PS4Neo/XBone Scorpio/PC around. Square Enix support doesn't mean anything if it comes only to ports or games like Crystal Chronicles. Same applies to KOEI who released many ports on WiiU but none of their new games.

Japan loves to play on the go, the 3DS has sold more than the PS3 and PS4 combined and then some, lets not forget that. 

If Nintendo now has a portable that can run fairly high end 3D graphics, the "FF fanbase" and a lot of other fanbases will come around IMO. 

NX will probably dominate Japan. 

As for the US, I think it'll do well enough here if Nintendo is smart and they use Android rather than making an enemey out of Android. Mobile is how today's generations of kids likes to play ... time to accept that and embrace it I think. That could give Nintendo a chance to break out in the West. 

As a parent I'd rather buy a $269.99 NX than a $400 iPad Mini especially if the NX can also double as a home console on top of all the tablet stuff. 

The Wii couldn't handle PS3 ports, that's why it had Crystal Chronicles instead of FFX ... from the sounds of it, NX while not as powerful as a PS4, can still handle direct ports, that's a pretty big difference too. 

If Western devs want to play ball or not is up to them. I'll be happy enough with all of Nintendo's games on one platform and some good Japanese games. That's more than enough to keep me busy. 

do people and when i say people im not talking about forum goers and serious gamers. But people. Will they care about this? Do they really care about bleeding edge graphics for a portable machine/tablet thing if they are just used to playing candy crush anyway?

Around the Network
oniyide said:
do people and when i say people im not talking about forum goers and serious gamers. But people. Will they care about this? Do they really care about bleeding edge graphics for a portable machine/tablet thing if they are just used to playing candy crush anyway?

I think the appeal will be you can play anything, anywhere, how you want, when you want. 

Want to play Candy Crush or Angry Birds? Have a mobile game you like but would prefer to play with physical controls? Go ahead.

Want to play Mario Kart 9? Go ahead. 

Going outside to the park, hey bring it with you, set it down on the park bench and suddenly you got yourself 3-4 people wanting to play Donkey Kong VS. or Call of Duty or NBA 2K or Mortal Kombat. 

Want to stream to your TV to play Zelda? Go ahead. 

Have a 9 hour flight and want to play Dragon Quest XI? Done. 

Who knows maybe it'll even be able to stream to nearby tablets and phones even. 

Power talk is interesting but that is not the biggest part of this article.

"Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers."

This statement pushes harder at the basic design of the NX. It indirectly supports the Eurogamer article on the formfactor and initial thoughts the average joe is going to have about the NX. To me, that is not good.

Nintendo can't let public opinion be that the NX is just a gamer phone. It needs to be seen as a console with benefits of taking gaming on the go or on your big screen. The content, controls and definitely launch advertising will make or break this console. Just as the failed advertising broke the WiiU.

Mbolibombo said:
"NX Graphics In Between A PS3 And PS4"

Like asking "when do we eat?" and getting the answer "sometime between now and tomorrow"

i think its between now and 1 week..

if they know how powerful it is, why can they tell "well its weaker than the PS4, but much closer to it than to the ps3" or "its the same as a WiiU"

What happened to the rumors saying its around Xbox One power?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Soundwave said:
oniyide said:

I think the appeal will be you can play anything, anywhere, how you want, when you want. 

Want to play Candy Crush or Angry Birds? Have a mobile game you like but would prefer to play with physical controls? Go ahead.

Want to play Mario Kart 9? Go ahead. 

Going outside to the park, hey bring it with you, set it down on the park bench and suddenly you got yourself 3-4 people wanting to play Donkey Kong VS. or Call of Duty or NBA 2K or Mortal Kombat. 

Want to stream to your TV to play Zelda? Go ahead. 

Have a 9 hour flight and want to play Dragon Quest XI? Done. 

Who knows maybe it'll even be able to stream to nearby tablets and phones even. 

Those things are called tablets. And they've been around for a while. I dont think most people really care for buttons. I dont think this is bringing anything that new to the table IMHO