By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Nintendo should go 3rd Party, right? What about everyone else?

Azuren said:

I was wondering where Zero's weekly "Exclusives are Anti-consumer" thread was. XD

OT: I don't believe Nintendo should go third party. Pokémon GO is teaching them a lesson on how that turns out (13% of total profit sucks), and if anything it will only drive home their desire to remain on their platforms. Granted GO isn't something that could have been done on anything but a cell phone, it still shows Nintendo what happens when you publish on other people's platforms. 

Unfortunately, the lack of sales is what will ultimately make them go third party. Hopefully NX pulls them out of the grave. 

nintendo is not the publisher for pokemon go. 

if nintendo developed and published a game on mobile their cut is 70% i believe.

Around the Network
RossTheBoss said:
kyprime said:
no, you don't get it, nintendo only has some debatable decent exclusive games, Sony has great console hardware, great exclusives and great 3rd party support, you need all those 3 elements or you're not gonna have success, microsoft - they have the console and the 3rd party games but they have NO EXCLUSIVES, Wii U, they don't have a good enough console, no 3rd party and barely some exclusive games, that's why the ps4 sold more than the wii u and xb1 combined and will keep selling while xbox and nintendo need to come out with new consoles already a.k.a. NX and Scorpio, a.k.a. we failed give us another chance

It does?

PosGameYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 2015 Shooter Activision 5.28 5.62 0.33 2.16 13.39
2. Grand Theft Auto V 2014 Action Take-Two Interactive 3.57 5.46 0.32 1.90 11.25
3. FIFA 16 2015 Sports Electronic Arts 1.01 5.83 0.06 1.20 8.11
4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014 Shooter Activision 2.79 3.29 0.14 1.36 7.58
5. Star Wars Battlefront (2015) 2015 Shooter Electronic Arts 2.89 3.19 0.21 1.20 7.50
6. Fallout 4 2015 Role-Playing Bethesda Softworks 2.42 3.04 0.23 1.07 6.75
7. FIFA 15 2014 Sports Electronic Arts 0.79 4.27 0.05 1.46 6.57
8. Destiny 2014 Shooter Activision 2.48 2.03 0.16 0.96 5.63
9. The Last of Us 2014 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 1.73 1.80 0.07 0.80 4.40
10. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection 2015 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 1.92 1.58 0.07 0.71 4.28
11. Watch Dogs 2014 Action Ubisoft 1.40 1.84 0.11 0.77 4.12
12. Far Cry 4 2014 Shooter Ubisoft 1.11 2.09 0.10 0.68 3.98
13. Assassin's Creed: Unity 2014 Action Ubisoft 1.18 1.92 0.08 0.69 3.88
14. Minecraft 2014 Misc Sony Computer Entertainment Europe 1.29 1.76 0.10 0.61 3.76
15. Batman: Arkham Knight 2015 Action Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment 1.46 1.51 0.10 0.59 3.66
16. NBA 2K16 2015 Sports Take-Two Interactive 2.36 0.61 0.03 0.65 3.65
17. Call of Duty: Ghosts 2013 Shooter Activision 1.77 1.41 0.05 0.38 3.61
18. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 2015 Role-Playing Namco Bandai Games 0.92 1.91 0.18 0.53 3.54
19. Tom Clancy's The Division 2016 Shooter Ubisoft 1.21 1.52 0.14 0.54 3.41
20. Battlefield 4 2013 Shooter Electronic Arts 1.33 1.51 0.16 0.37 3.37

In it's own Top 20, I don't see a single game that can't be found on another platform, or isn't a re-release from a previous gen.  You can't say that about any other console.  PS4 may have caught fire as "the must have console" of this gen, but it clearly wasn't for exclusives.

Exclusives are awesome for list warz, that's about it.

Ka-pi96 said:
Nope, it's not as absolute as that.

I would have no problem with Nintendo having their own consoles for their own exclusives if their consoles were better. I mean, I have no problem buying a Microsoft console for their exclusives (even though they have so few compared to Nintendo) because I like their consoles. They have the features I want and they have the 3rd party games I want, thus I'm happy to buy both a PS4 & Xbox One. Nintendo on the other hand... to me there console is just woefully inferior as long as it doesn't have a proper account/achievement system and enough games (including 3rd party) to justify it. But right now the number of games just aren't anywhere near enough and the features I want it just doesn't have.

This.

Azuren said:
CaptainExplosion said:

And those are Sony's only exclusives? There's hardly any of them. -_-

Are you referring to the list previously posted? Because 7/20 is a fairly good ratio considering there are twice many multiplatform titles on PS4 than there are exclusives. 

Can also see why third parties are so damn happy to bring their A game to the PS4 in terms of content and performance, when you compare the top 20 of WiiU has sold 47m units combined and you only need to combine the top 5 PS4 titles to get the same figure of software sales... not to mention how much more digital software is going to be selling on the PS4 compared to digital downloads from the eshop.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

kitler53 said:
Azuren said:

I was wondering where Zero's weekly "Exclusives are Anti-consumer" thread was. XD

OT: I don't believe Nintendo should go third party. Pokémon GO is teaching them a lesson on how that turns out (13% of total profit sucks), and if anything it will only drive home their desire to remain on their platforms. Granted GO isn't something that could have been done on anything but a cell phone, it still shows Nintendo what happens when you publish on other people's platforms. 

Unfortunately, the lack of sales is what will ultimately make them go third party. Hopefully NX pulls them out of the grave. 

if nintendo developed and published a game on mobile their cut is 70% i believe.

30% of sales taken is a massive share, dude.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
RossTheBoss said:

A statement was made that PS4 has "great exclusives".  My point remains that the majority of the people flocking to buy PS4's are primarily buying games that can be played on other platforms (or remasters of previous gen games).  A console with great exclusives should have at least one exclusive (not remasters) in it's Top 20 games sold close to 3 years into its lifespan.  Shuhei Yoshida said himself that he doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well.  It just happens to be the hot console in the public perception.  It's just ironic that the games being bought the most by the people buying the console can be played elsewhere.

How is that ironic? If your mates have a PS4 and are playing Call of Duty of course you are going to buy the game to play with them on the same system.

Where is the irony at?

Well you know what he means, it is ironic that people say 'people buying consoles in masses for exclusives' but in reality that's far from the truth. This is the same discussion of last generation when people said it was stupid that MS has games that are also on pc and that real exclusives matter, this generation just does what MS did and just like MS it doesn't hurt them. Their is really nobody at Sony who is worried that No man sky being also on PC will hurt the sales of PS4.

zero129 said:

Pretty much whats in the title.

I see a lot of people claim Nintendo should go 3rd party etc etc.

Well its like this.

You put your console Fayvism or however you spell it a side, and Admit Nintendo has a place in gaming and their Exclusives are Reason for this.

OR!!!

You Admit all companys should go 3rd party as none of them has a place in gaming to hold their exclusives to "One" platform..

who said it here?

Azuren said:
kitler53 said:

30% of sales taken is a massive share, dude.

retail sales cut is 22% between the brick and mortor and distribution costs. 

this comes mostly from very bitter and insecure people, that 3DS pretty much killed PSV doesn´t help when it comes to the bitterness and insecurity of quite a lot of the most vocal proponents of this idea.

I'd love Nintendo's games on PC but considering the NX is planned for release early 2017, it's not happening just yet.