By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Nintendo should go 3rd Party, right? What about everyone else?

The problem with that is that SEGA made such a bad example with going 3rd party that it's difficult to want to risk it.

If companies remained releasing the same quality software or better, yes definitly. If not, no.

Around the Network
RossTheBoss said:
Azuren said:

Being a remaster doesn't disqualify a game from being in the top 20, and if it did then you should remove them to show the top 20, not the top 18.

A statement was made that PS4 has "great exclusives".  My point remains that the majority of the people flocking to buy PS4's are primarily buying games that can be played on other platforms (or remasters of previous gen games).  A console with great exclusives should have at least one exclusive (not remasters) in it's Top 20 games sold close to 3 years into its lifespan.  Shuhei Yoshida said himself that he doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well.  It just happens to be the hot console in the public perception.  It's just ironic that the games being bought the most by the people buying the console can be played elsewhere.

Exclusives typically aren't big sellers. The purpose is to get people to buy a certain console to sway sales of big multiconsole games to be mostly on the desired platform. Based on present numbers, we can conclude that roughly 10% of the total PS4 sales are due to exclusives (3.3M from Uncharted 4 with a 0.7 bump to accommodate for variance in titles). That's not an easily dismissed number. 

Ganoncrotch said:
Azuren said:

Good point. Maybe we should go ahead and make a new list not counting all of these re-releases... I'm sure a couple of exclusives would worm their way in, then. 

ADDED: Uncharted 4 immediately pops up from removal of the two remasters; Second Son and Bloodborne pop up from the removal of games available on previous generations. The number may increase when taking note of the re-releases added into those numbers. 

Listed them all above, gets a number of exclusives in that top 20 when you stop filling spaces with games that "don't count" because reasons lol.

Nice. 35% of next-gen games in the top 20 were PS4 exclusives. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

NEVER!

that will be the moment that Ninty will no longer matter to me.... I want to play Ninty Ip on Nintendo hardware.

the rest can go third party. don't care.

Switch!!!

Azuren said:
RossTheBoss said:

A statement was made that PS4 has "great exclusives".  My point remains that the majority of the people flocking to buy PS4's are primarily buying games that can be played on other platforms (or remasters of previous gen games).  A console with great exclusives should have at least one exclusive (not remasters) in it's Top 20 games sold close to 3 years into its lifespan.  Shuhei Yoshida said himself that he doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well.  It just happens to be the hot console in the public perception.  It's just ironic that the games being bought the most by the people buying the console can be played elsewhere.

Exclusives typically aren't big sellers. The purpose is to get people to buy a certain console to sway sales of big multiconsole games to be mostly on the desired platform. Based on present numbers, we can conclude that roughly 10% of the total PS4 sales are due to exclusives (3.3M from Uncharted 4 with a 0.7 bump to accommodate for variance in titles). That's not an easily dismissed number. 

Ganoncrotch said:

Listed them all above, gets a number of exclusives in that top 20 when you stop filling spaces with games that "don't count" because reasons lol.

Yup the full list would be

1 Star Wars battlefront

2 Fallout 4

3 Assassins Creed Unity

4 Batman Arkham Knight

5 The Witcher 3

6 Tom Clancys the division

7 Uncharted 4

8 Assassins Creed Synicate

9 Infamous Second Son

10 MKX

11 Killzone Shadowfall

12 Need for Speed (2015)

13 BloodBorne

14 Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 siege

15 Driveclub

16 Far Cry Primal

17 The Order

18 The Elder Scrolls Online

19 Knack

20 Dying Light

As the modified top 20 to remove previous gen games

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

"One console" sounds like a terrible idea to me. A lack of competition would lead to complacency. It would be a monopoly where one corporation could dictate terms to consumers rather than consumers being in control.

The past is littered with examples of why that's not a good thing. Look at the Windows monopoly and Microsoft doing whatever the hell they want with that, then contrast that with the original version of Xbox One being forced to change. Look at Nintendo in the NES days when they were choking the life out of third-party developers. Look at the PS3 costing 600$ because Sony thought they owned the market.

No thanks.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Azuren said:

1 Star Wars battlefront

2 Fallout 4

3 Assassins Creed Unity

4 Batman Arkham Knight

5 The Witcher 3

7 Uncharted 4

9 Infamous Second Son

10 MKX

11 Killzone Shadowfall

12 Need for Speed (2015)

13 BloodBorne

15 Driveclub

16 Far Cry Primal

17 The Order

19 Knack

20 Dying Light

Highlighted the exclusives. 

zero129 said:

Pretty much whats in the title.

I see a lot of people claim Nintendo should go 3rd party etc etc.

Well its like this.

You put your console Fayvism or however you spell it a side, and Admit Nintendo has a place in gaming and their Exclusives are Reason for this.

OR!!!

You Admit all companys should go 3rd party as none of them has a place in gaming to hold their exclusives to "One" platform..

you assume people say Nintendo should go 3rd party because for some reason they want Nintendo not to succeed, but in reality most people I know (me being one of them) simply recognize Nintendo's strength is in the software, not in the hardware.

so by cutting R/D, marketing, etc costs in selling another shit underpowered hardware, they could make a lot more money selling their games everywhere else.

in my oppinion microsoft should also focus on pc gaming, but they see some moderate sales success as well as keep having good 3rd party support, nintendo has neither.

but yeah, its about each company leveraging their strengths

Azuren said:
Ganoncrotch said:

1 Star Wars battlefront

2 Fallout 4

3 Assassins Creed Unity

4 Batman Arkham Knight

5 The Witcher 3

7 Uncharted 4

9 Infamous Second Son

10 MKX

11 Killzone Shadowfall

12 Need for Speed (2015)

13 BloodBorne

15 Driveclub

16 Far Cry Primal

17 The Order

19 Knack

20 Dying Light

Missed Killzone and got Dying light as exclusive ^^

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Azuren said:

Missed Killzone and got Dying light as exclusive ^^ 

Whoops, fixed 

CaptainExplosion said:

And those are Sony's only exclusives? There's hardly any of them. -_-

Are you referring to the list previously posted? Because 7/20 is a fairly good ratio considering there are twice many multiplatform titles on PS4 than there are exclusives.