By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Nintendo should go 3rd Party, right? What about everyone else?

I really don't think people are thinking through the request that Nintendo go third-party. That or they're deliberately obscuring the truth.

Let's say you really love Nintendo games and want them on your favorite system. Set aside for a moment the absurdity that you'd be willing to fork over $60 a pop for Nintendo games over a five year period but can't stomach the idea of spending a one-time payment of $300 for a separate system. Do you really think that would be good for anyone? For the industry? For Nintendo? For the fans? The industry would become more homogenous and less competitive. Nintendo would make less money and produce, if anything, LESS ambitious games. And fans would have to watch Nintendo software conform to operating systems and technical specifications not its own, thus depriving them of their anotherness - take that Teeqoz!

Well, wait, you say you WANT Nintendo games to conform to those operating systems and technical specifications? That Nintendo games aren't as good without achievements, and online multiplayer, and 1080p resolution? That Nintendo games just aren't worthwhile unless they're pushing the limits of technology? Well, let's ignore the fact that Nintendo probably wouldn't change its design philosophy just because it had access to more horsepower. Let's say Nintendo, once on PS4 and XOne, starts creating cutting-edge software with huge open worlds and advanced physics. It moves away from its cartoon mascots and local multiplayer options. It abandons motion controls. At what point do these stop being "Nintendo games"? I mean if that's really what you want, you already have it on PC, PS4, and XOne.

Around the Network

Sony can stick to making both consoles and games. They have more success in making consoles than the other two.

MS and Nintendo should stop making consoles. Nintendo will be much more successful as a third party developer, and MS can make a few games (like Halo) that will sell well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Nintendo isn't doing well. PlayStation is. There's no reason for them to go third party. MS has already gone console + PC.

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I really don't think people are thinking through the request that Nintendo go third-party. That or they're deliberately obscuring the truth.

Let's say you really love Nintendo games and want them on your favorite system. Set aside for a moment the absurdity that you'd be willing to fork over $60 a pop for Nintendo games over a five year period but can't stomach the idea of spending a one-time payment of $300 for a separate system. Do you really think that would be good for anyone? For the industry? For Nintendo? For the fans? The industry would become more homogenous and less competitive. Nintendo would make less money and produce, if anything, LESS ambitious games. And fans would have to watch Nintendo software conform to operating systems and technical specifications not its own, thus depriving them of their anotherness - take that Teeqoz!

Well, wait, you say you WANT Nintendo games to conform to those operating systems and technical specifications? That Nintendo games aren't as good without achievements, and online multiplayer, and 1080p resolution? That Nintendo games just aren't worthwhile unless they're pushing the limits of technology? Well, let's ignore the fact that Nintendo probably wouldn't change its design philosophy just because it had access to more horsepower. Let's say Nintendo, once on PS4 and XOne, starts creating cutting-edge software with huge open worlds and advanced physics. It moves away from its cartoon mascots and local multiplayer options. It abandons motion controls. At what point do these stop being "Nintendo games"? I mean if that's really what you want, you already have it on PC, PS4, and XOne.

I always enjoy when you are laying down the smack, but the Teeqoz reference is completely lost on me.

He was poking fun at me for my use of "anotherness" in a different thread.

zero129 said:
Angelus said:

Yep. One console, all games please

My dream xD. As long as the one console can be made by many diffrent companys for competition sake.

Man that dream would be my dream and it would also end the tribalistic pointless wars once and for all. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
kyprime said:
Landguy said:

What's that NEO thing again???

it's a HIGH END PS4, is the NX a high end WIIU? NO? DIDN'T THINK SO

Yep, the Scorpio is a high end XB1.  So you whole poiny is moot.

It is near the end of the end....

Yeah Sony who are on track to sell 5 of their 6 consoles over the 80m mark should stop exclusively supporting the Playstation and end it's dominant market position.

If Sony stopped making hardware we'd likely get a lot less games from them if any. They're done with handheld consoles. And they just stopped making games.

If the NX fails like the Wii U did then they should but if it doesn't why should they.

Microsoft has already quit the exclusives game. But only because they want some of the pc market.

So basically I can get 99% of the markets games by gaming on pc and Playstation.

I can understand you might be angry if you're not on Playstation but that's not Sony's fault. And as long as they keep beasting in this industry they ain't going away. Rightly so.

Landguy said:
kyprime said:

it's a HIGH END PS4, is the NX a high end WIIU? NO? DIDN'T THINK SO

Yep, the Scorpio is a high end XB1.  So you whole poiny is moot.

no it's not, they said that every accessory will be playable between xb1, xb1s and scorpio, but i guess that they forgot that they announced Oculus for Scorpio only at the same conference, so that's pretty much it for the same anything, PS4/high end PS4 both will have THE SAME GAMES, everything at sony E3 2016 WAS ON A PS4, both have PSVR FULL SUPPORT ALL GAMES, all accessories, all software, everything is supporter back and forth on PS4 and high end PS4, unless they announce Oculus for xb1 and xb1s, and announce the official name of  "Project Scorpio" and that name has XBOX ONE in it then they are not in the same generation

Chazore said:
zero129 said:

My dream xD. As long as the one console can be made by many diffrent companys for competition sake.

Man that dream would be my dream and it would also end the tribalistic pointless wars once and for all. 

Nope. AMD vs Nvidia.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

Nope. AMD vs Nvidia.

Man vs machine.

This world has enough markets with a company going against one another. At least in the GPU market we don't have Nvidia buying off games and tying them to a select few GPU's entirely.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"