By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Nintendo should go 3rd Party, right? What about everyone else?

GOWTLOZ said:
Nintendo isn't in the same position as Sony and Microsoft. When you buy a PlayStation and Xbox console, you know you'll get most of the big AAA games and many smaller games and indies. Nintendo consoles don't have the same catalog of games, and they miss most of the big third party games and many high quality indie games while the other two miss few of them.

So if you just have a Nintendo console you lack access to most games. The console is less worthy of money to the general audience because of this reason. Also their consoles have dated hardware, are overpriced and support for their consoles is withdrawn very quickly, even when they are successful like with Wii. Also, it makes more sense for them to go third party because their consoles don't sell well while PlayStation and Xbox consoles do.

The thing is that you and many others are ignoring 3DS which literally has hundreds of games that arent on other devices.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Azuren said:

Nope. AMD vs Nvidia.

Man vs machine.

This world has enough markets with a company going against one another. At least in the GPU market we don't have Nvidia buying off games and tying them to a select few GPU's entirely.

TBH, we have Nvidia using their cash to put Gameworks on games an try to make them run like crap on AMD GPUs. Actually, this is even worse than buying exclusivity, because intead of having consumers pissed at Nvidia for moneygrabbing games, you are indeed tricking them into thinking that their AMD GPU is garbage because it won't run the game as well as the Nvidia ones.

We also have Nvidia refusing to use a open tearing-free monitor standard like Free-sync and we end up with monitors with either G-sync of Free-sync so nobody buys them because people don't want to be tied to a GPU manufacturer, which is basically making this monitor useless and killing the dream of having a tearing-free gaming experience.

Nvidia also did not wanted to jump in the Mantle bandwagon because AMD would have more to gain from it, even if all games would run better. Wait until they start to try killing off Vulkan for games.

There is als things like CUDA, that only run on Nvidia GPUs, that also usually give crappy support to OpenCL so they can keep the market of GPU computing for them, even if it means that CUDA will always be sub-utilized for regular consumers since not everyone has a Nvidia GPU.

I could go on and on with their anti-consumer practices, so it's not like it's fair play there. They also will screw consumers to screw their competitor.

zero129 said:
Angelus said:

Yep. One console, all games please

My dream xD. As long as the one console can be made by many diffrent companys for competition sake.

All of you are a bunch of commies.

Had fun playing Nintendo games in my childhood. But the way Nintendo rehashes old games every gen is too much. I want them to go third party. Console market is crowded. And Nintendo has no place in it (if they continue to be "different").
And OP mentions about one platform aka death of quality gaming. Without competition gaming industry will be a boring place. Unfortunately many people, especially from PC gaming site fails to see it as they want to play console exclusives.

daredevil.shark said:
Had fun playing Nintendo games in my childhood. But the way Nintendo rehashes old games every gen is too much. I want them to go third party. Console market is crowded. And Nintendo has no place in it (if they continue to be "different").
And OP mentions about one platform aka death of quality gaming. Without competition gaming industry will be a boring place. Unfortunately many people, especially from PC gaming site fails to see it as they want to play console exclusives.

I'm confused. You don't like Nintendo "rehashes" but you want them to go third party? Without competition the gaming industry will be a boring place but, by wanting Nintendo to exit the hardware business, you're requesting an environment in which there's less competition?

Around the Network

What would MS offer as a third party, Halo? It's 2016, not 2007.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
daredevil.shark said:

I'm confused. You don't like Nintendo "rehashes" but you want them to go third party? Without competition the gaming industry will be a boring place but, by wanting Nintendo to exit the hardware business, you're requesting an environment in which there's less competition?

Last time I checked there are several games that are in Wii U VC, NES remix and upcoming NES mini and not to include remasteres that appear every gen. I acknowledge that super Mario 3D world is not a rehash. But releasing same game several times in short time is true rehash. And Nintendo does it all the time.

As for Nintendo going third party; because they are not adding much as a hardware owner. They will be forced to innovate when competing with other software makers as third party developer. As for competition; market doesn't like vaccum. If there is space then someone more capable will take Nintendos place as hardware maker.

daredevil.shark said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Last time I checked there are several games that are in Wii U VC, NES remix and upcoming NES mini and not to include remasteres that appear every gen. I acknowledge that super Mario 3D world is not a rehash. But releasing same game several times in short time is true rehash. And Nintendo does it all the time.

As for Nintendo going third party; because they are not adding much as a hardware owner. They will be forced to innovate when competing with other software makers as third party developer. As for competition; market doesn't like vaccum. If there is space then someone more capable will take Nintendos place as hardware maker.

So you don't like Nintendo's current software output, and you think by going third-party the company will conform to current "AAA" design philosophies? And another company will fill the void left by Nintendo? Thus ensuring competition?

I want all companies to go third party.
I really only play on PC nowadays.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

I I think sme peple here have t realize that there is a whole generation of people that grew up playing games AFTER Ninty was really popular. To them the PS brand is to them as Ninty is to some of us and that audience is getting bigger not smaller. Just something to think about.

IMHO it doesnt matter cause if the NX flops that is the market telling Ninty that they have no need for a home console from them. They did it with the Wii U so lets see what happens.