By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Most memorable cartoons from the 21st century

Avatar: the Last Airbender and Legend of Korra

Around the Network

Good thing we are talking about "Most memorable cartoons from the 21st century" and not anime. So, let's see, shows that marked 2001 and beyond,

1 - Avatar- Last air bender./legend of Korra.
2 - Adventure Time.
3 - Steven Universe. ( dragon ball Z whit emotional moments lol)
4 - Gravity Falls.
5 - Justice League/ JL Umlimited.
6 - Teen Titans.
7 - Over the Garden Wall.
8 - Rick and Morty.
9 - Fairly Odd Parents.
10 - Ben 10 ( OG and all the others)

Manlytears said:

Good thing we are talking about "Most memorable cartoons from the 21st century" and not anime. So, let's see, shows that marked 2001 and beyond,

1 - Avatar- Last air bender./legend of Korra.
2 - Adventure Time.
3 - Steven Universe. ( dragon ball Z whit emotional moments lol)
4 - Gravity Falls.
5 - Justice League/ JL Umlimited.
6 - Teen Titans.
7 - Over the Garden Wall.
8 - Rick and Morty.
9 - Fairly Odd Parents.
10 - Ben 10 ( OG and all the others)

Well, I think non-anime cartoons are overlooked...so yeah.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Cloudman said:
pokoko said:
Spongebob is one of the best cartoons ever made ... though I guess we're being liberal with "21st Century".

Are you talking about Spongebob in its entirety, or mostly the earlier parts of it? Somewhere along the line, Spongebob changed for the worst.. : S For some reason now an episode has to include a song and dance, and they're just weird now...

Anyways, agree with most of the shows on the list, except the Loud House. I never even heard of that show...  I really loved watching cartoons, but around 2010 onward cartoons lost that quality and charm the older ones had. I felt they relied on cheap comedy and strange visuals to get laughs and I either did not enjoy them or were even grossed out at times.

Luckily Over the Garden Wall came and revitalized my hope for the return of great cartoons, and there are some good ones now. We Bare Bears is pretty funny and sometimes shows a good representation of modern society, and the weird varying styles of The Amazing World of Gumball is pretty interesting.

1) Spongebob was good until the 1st movie came(which was great). The reason for this is that Spielberg, the director, chose to quit.

2) The Loud House is a new cartoon. It's getting overlooked because it's a rare cartoon from Nickelodeon that's made after 2010 and is good. It has a 90's feel to it, and isn't filled with pathetic humour(i.e every Nick sitcom and cartoon currently besides Loud House). Just seeing shows like Haunted Hathaways, Game busters, Sanjay and Craig, Breadwinners(goddamn Nick), and others makes me want to throw up... It's a shame The Loud House is getting ignored though. Certainly a show that's enjoyable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

In no particular order:

Ben 10 (Original Run)
Codename: Kids Next Door
Danny Phantom
Kim Possible
Lilo & Stitch: The Series
Martin Mystery
Rick and Morty
Teen Titans
Totally Spies

Around the Network

What! Nobody has said, 'The Dot and the Line?' Maybe I'm bias cause I met Chuck Jones at an early Sci Fi Con as a wee little kid.

Here you go:

Also, 'Spear and Magic Helmet!'

And one of my favorites, something I found late one night on Public Television "To be."

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

The Fairly Oddparents, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, Codename: Kids Next Door and The amazing world of Gumball are my favorites. Honorable mention to Danny Phantom and Jimmy Neutron.

-Codename: Kids Next Door

-Recess (I don't care if it's 1997)

-The Fairly Oddparents

-Jimmy Neutron

-Phineas & Ferb

-Teen Titans

Gravity Falls, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans, Kim Possible, Shaolin Showdown, Adventure Time and maybe Gumball. I haven't watched Steven Universe, btw.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

- Phineas & Ferb
- Spongebob
- Rick & Morty
- Gravity Falls

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.