By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reasons the NX will be a flop

Around the Network

It will sell well for Nintendo fans who like Handhelds, the dock could even be dropped from support. Nobody who wants a console will buy it.

1:from what i know, nvidia tegra x1 is in the midle way between wii U and xbox one, powerwise.
The new generation is coming, will be announced august 22, and should bring the finFET transistors and based on polaris. About the time for NX...

2: with 2010 technology, they could sell 8gb cartridges for 40$(20$ for some games), with 2017 technology, i think is safe to say that they can store much more for a affordable price, even more selling for 60$...

Lol. That graphic

Around the Network

You will be a flop.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Happy to see some fresh blood bringing back Nintendo Doom threads.

I wonder what happens when NX turns out to be an actual flop.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Random_Matt said:
It will sell well for Nintendo fans who like Handhelds, the dock could even be dropped from support. Nobody who wants a console will buy it.

I will buy it, so theres that. Your theory up in smoke already,

I have that Nvidia shield android TV. it is really small, rock solid in terms of performance I ended up giving the HTPC to the kids to use for school work. this has been more than capable for streaming content netflix, hulu, etc. but it also runs Kodi on it for my other stuff (Amazon needs to create an android app for prime though). The reason I picked one up, because it is 4k streaming ready.

So I'm going to say that since the NX will be running a better version chip, it should be more than capable of also running 4k content. I don't know about games though. interesting direction Nintendo

If it is what the rumour suggest then by no means it will be a flop.