By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reasons the NX will be a flop

Soundwave said:

Nintendo is probably getting the Tegra chips for dirt, dirt cheap because Nvidia hasn't been able to find any vendors for the chips in traditional tablets/phones, so Nintendo was probably like their last resort.

The chip itself probably doesn't cost much at all, the Nvidia Shield console is $199.99 with the Tegra X1, and that was *two years ago* by the time March 2017 rolls around.

Throw in a docking station, a bigger storage solution than 16gb flash memory, a "wii u pro" like controller.

And Id assume Nintendo should be able to sell such a console around 250$, atleast I hope thats the price they end up at.

PS4 & XB1 are going to be 299$ by the time the NX is out.

If its 1/3 the power, it cant cost the same or more than the PS4/XB1s.

Not if they want it to sell.

Around the Network

There are so many things wrong with the OP that it makes me wonder if this is a joke threat...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

JRPGfan said:
Soundwave said:

Nintendo is probably getting the Tegra chips for dirt, dirt cheap because Nvidia hasn't been able to find any vendors for the chips in traditional tablets/phones, so Nintendo was probably like their last resort.

The chip itself probably doesn't cost much at all, the Nvidia Shield console is $199.99 with the Tegra X1, and that was *two years ago* by the time March 2017 rolls around.

Throw in a docking station, a bigger storage solution than 16gb flash memory, a "wii u pro" like controller.

And Id assume Nintendo should be able to sell such a console around 250$, atleast I hope thats the price they end up at.

You can't put your PS4 in your back pack and play it on the train or a park bench, so that would be a huge differenitator. 

I hope this thing will be backwards compatible with the WiiU gamepad.

HoloDust said:
Actually, Tegra X1 is way more powerful than X360.

not "way" more powerfull, its more powerfull, yes, but the processor isn't and the graphical power is deffenitely greater but not MUCH, originally I think they boosted it being around twice as powerfull as their own ps3 chip, in games, like doom3 and others that where released on both platforms, I think saying its twice as powerfull as a PS3 is deffenitely close to the truth.

This is a big step for mobile gaming handhelds but a small step for home consoles.

If we take the Terraflops people love to talk about these days, the X1 has excactly 1 terraflop, thats deffenitely a step down from X1 and PS4, concidering the processor is also slower and we can assume there isn't a big chance it will have 8GB GDDR5-ram it will be significantly crippled.

Also third party games will be EXTRA hard to power because of the processor architecture, overall, you are right its more powerfull but not flexable enough or powerfull enough.

Im guessing the PRICE will be the eventual success or lack there of for this product. If they release it over the price of a PS4 or X1 its just not going to happen, it needs to be equal and offer new stuff or lower and be the best handheld ever.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

The number 1 reason, people are cynical assholes

HoloDust said:
Actually, Tegra X1 is way more powerful than X360.

Yeah, its about 80-100% more powerful than an 360. But the XB1 is around 120% more powerful than it tho.... so yh.

Darwinianevolution said:
So many NX rumours, Nintendo really needs to say something about it, or the speculation/hype cycle is going to hurt them.

unfirtunately we are past the time where it's possible to 100% keep anything hidden. Just look at all the leaks in the general tech world. There is always more truth to them than lies. 

Nautilus said:
There are so many things wrong with the OP that it makes me wonder if this is a joke threat...

Yup... he must really really really really not like Nintendo. 

You've made some very good points here and nice chart as well but NX being less powerful than the Xbox 360? Im sorry I just find that hard to believe lol Other than that its looking like it might be another flop for Nintendo.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

JRPGfan said:
Soundwave said:

PS4 and XB1 aren't portable, and I think the whole detachable controller/local multiplayer aspect of the system will be central to it providing different styles of experiences (may be more in common with old school arcade gaming where people would gather around an arcade cabinet). 

AZWification said:

Less powerful than the 360? I'm going to be shocked if it's more powerful than the Dreamcast. Nintendo has fucked up.

it's going to be more powerful than the atari jaguar tho