By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour - NX sounds "expensive" + More info coming soon

Have you guys not seen her avatar? How can you distrust someone with such a cute avatar? Be ashamed of yourselves. But that's fine because she'll have the last laugh and you heretics will be eating crow "soon".

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

I'm sort of meh on Emily Rogers. At least SuperMetalDave tells you he's speculating, tells you why he thinks what he does, and gives to the source for why he's drawing his conclusion. I don't agree with everything he says but I respect how he presents his information.

I'll give her a week.

jason1637 said:
I'll give her a week.

Agreed.

Week or two we'll have definitive answer if she is a legit leaker or not. 

almost everything she reports is guesswork and/or based on already released rumors. she's full of it, always vague and just wants attention. I would ignore her. If you genuinely believe that someone on the inside who signed non disclosure agreements would be continually leaking her vague information then you're naive, no one's going to keep doing that and frankly she never has any big information that hasn't already been speculated. 

Like this thread/tweet- "Uhm I don't really know for sure but it sounds like it could be expensive"- what the hell kind of 'info' is that? just pure speculation. 

Around the Network

If it's a hybrid console that can be taken outside the house and has specs around an XBox One ... that might do OK depending on certain things.

Another home console that sits under the TV isn't needed by the market, there's going to be 4 consoles that already do that (XB1, PS4, PS4 Neo, XB Scorpio).

Nintendo probably needs to do something different, another "regular" console from Nintendo won't work at this stage, they need something different, a portable that can function as a home console would be different and would probably have good sales in Japan at least.

Good sales in Japan means good Japanese support at least.

Who really wants to spend $500-$600 on Nintendo hardware anyway ... that's not cheap ($300 for Wii U + $200 for 3DS XL, even more if you bought both at launch). Just make one system, and allow a supplemental home dock that can produce higher range graphics for the home.

But not sure if Emily's sources are good, but that's what she seems to be hinting at (the "form factor" sounds expensive).

Home only consoles simply aren't Nintendo's strength market wise. Portables always do better, if the primary NX model is a portable, they have a better chance for market success even with mobile's rise, the ability to be used as a home console would also add dimension to Nintendo's portables to differniate them from mobile devices. 

Rumor: NX sounds like it will run on electricity from common sockets and may.... Have an input device. Nintendo likely to use proprietary connections.
I am an insider just like Emily.

Xbrah said:
Rumor: NX sounds like it will run on electricity from common sockets and may.... Have an input device. Nintendo likely to use proprietary connections.

Insightful. Please tell us more.

Darc Requiem said:
Xbrah said:

Insightful. Please tell us more.

I would but I'm under NDA... Lol

lol... so she knows nothing but "it sounds expensive"... Not sure why this has been posted