By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour - NX sounds "expensive" + More info coming soon

Just reveal the thing already. Enough of this.

Also, Emily is still credible.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Ljink96 said:

Yes, Kimishima believes that the NX won't be sold at a loss.

"We are not thinking of launching the hardware at a loss," said Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima during an investor meeting last week. "Selling at a loss at launch would not support the business."

He said this a while ago but I guess people never got wind of it.
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/2/11568964/nintendo-nx-price-loss

Originally the NX was projected to SHIP, 20 million but was reduced to 10-12 million. That again is shipped, not sold.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-mass-nx-production-to-begin-at-the-end-of-q1-2016-10-12-million-shipments-next-year/

I guess I should have been clear that I did not question the statement regarding not selling the hardware at a loss. It was the sales number that caught my attention. He didn't say anything about that as your link to a rumor proves.

I guess I should learn to use commas, I didn't mean to say Kimishima said 10-12 million. But it's numbers from manufacuturers. So it's something at least. in any case the fact that it won't be sold at a loss is more important.

spemanig said:

Not really, she has a pretty spotty track record

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
Ljink96 said:

I guess I should learn to use commas, I didn't mean to say Kimishima said 10-12 million. But it's numbers from manufacuturers. So it's something at least. in any case the fact that it won't be sold at a loss is more important.

A comma wouldn't have helped in this case, because you put it forward as an official statement by Nintendo. What your post actually needed was a full stop and then the next sentence should have started with "It has been rumored that..." in order to clearly separate fact from rumor.

Guess my brain isn't working today. Took all my college Writing classes in highschool and I fail like this!!!

Anything can sound expensive, She said nothing noteworthy here.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

earthbound 3...nvidia....female link

zorg1000 said:

She has a very good track record. Being wrong on a couple of things doesn't dismiss credibility. Plans change and information gets misconstrued. She actually has a track record that includes things she could not have otherwise known without having legitimate sources.

And that is on top of her credibility being backed by people like Liam Robertson who are confirmed to have legitimate industry sources because his professional literally requires him so attain concept art and footage of unreleased games. If he was able to receive beta footage of the unreleased Wii Kid Icarus game and he says that Emily is legit, she's legit.

spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:

She has a very good track record. Being wrong on a couple of things doesn't dismiss credibility. Plans change and information gets misconstrued. She actually has a track record that includes things she could not have otherwise known without having legitimate sources.

And that is on top of her credibility being backed by people like Liam Robertson who are confirmed to have legitimate industry sources because his professional literally requires him so attain concept art and footage of unreleased games. If he was able to receive beta footage of the unreleased Wii Kid Icarus game and he says that Emily is legit, she's legit.

Put her next to a real insider like shinobi and you see how terrible she is. She has nothing of value to say here.... People should not give bullshitters free passes. 

onionberry said:
spemanig said:

Whats this about female Link?

bunchanumbers said:
onionberry said:

Whats this about female Link?

she confirmed a female link or a female lead character for breath of the wild, before e3.