By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour - NX sounds "expensive" + More info coming soon

RolStoppable said:
Ljink96 said:
Kimishima said NX won't be sold at a loss and they plan to ship 10 million of these things within 2017. I don't think they'd expect a Nintendo console that's expensive to sell 10 million units in one year.

Did he really say that?

Definitely the first part, but I'm not so sure about the second part.

Around the Network

Who takes this attention seeking person even serious anymore. It´s time to ignore this bs.

female link.

What got Emily Rogers her credibility again? This vague garbage isn't news

So this time it's 6 gamepads you strap on your body!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Ljink96 said:
Kimishima said NX won't be sold at a loss and they plan to ship 10 million of these things within 2017. I don't think they'd expect a Nintendo console that's expensive to sell 10 million units in one year.

Did he really say that?

Yes, Kimishima believes that the NX won't be sold at a loss.

"We are not thinking of launching the hardware at a loss," said Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima during an investor meeting last week. "Selling at a loss at launch would not support the business."

He said this a while ago but I guess people never got wind of it.
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/2/11568964/nintendo-nx-price-loss

Mr.GameCrazy said:
RolStoppable said:

Did he really say that?

Originally the NX was projected to SHIP, 20 million but was reduced to 10-12 million. That again is shipped, not sold.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-mass-nx-production-to-begin-at-the-end-of-q1-2016-10-12-million-shipments-next-year/

MohammadBadir said:
Ck1x said:
This is why I don't know why people believed her nonsense from the beginning! The first rumors everyone ran with is that it was some underpowered hybrid console that would barely reach XbOne specs and now she's saying it sounds expensive...

Well, to be fair, the WiiU released as a console that was a little bit more powerful that a PS3, at a relatively high cost for what it is (300-350) and was hybrid-ish :P

What's the definition of expensive because I think $300+ when I think "Nintendo" and "expensive"?   I think she means it won't be $200-250 like the Wii. Nintendrones like Youtuber Shokio were hyping up the Wii U saying it would be up to par with 7th gen (it was) because Reggie hinted it would be expensive.  The Wii U is definitely expensive for what it offers even today,  No 3rd Party, No Blu-Ray Player, Barebones online, No HDD, ect.  If the NX has 3rd party and it's like $300-400 it still will fit my definition of expensive.  Nintendo consoles are rarely sold at a loss.  I've heard Nintendo fans bragging GC made more money off hardware than PS2.  I can't see it being sold for under $300.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

StarOcean said:
What got Emily Rogers her credibility again? This vague garbage isn't news

Paper Mario Wii U is about it, but anybody could have guessed that.

Didn't she tease Nintendo might celebrate the anniversary of a game launch in Japan with a pic of a Mother 3 character? And if she did wasn't the 10th anniversary of M3 over 3 months ago? And still no M3 in the west

Mr.GameCrazy said:
RolStoppable said:

Did he really say that?

https://www.vg247.com/2015/11/30/nintendo-nxs-component-supplier-expects-console-to-sell-10-12-m-in-2016-report/

So it's not directly a statement of the system selling through, but the component supplier expected to sell that many parts this year, that was late 2015, then Nintendo said in April this year that NX wasn't releasing until March 2017, so it's not even gone into production yet or we would have heard some reports that has happened.

Not sure you can take this to mean anything really.

Saying something sounds expensive is entirely subjective, very vague and one person's expensive could mean it costs $400 or more and another's could be $250, it depends on what the specs are and all of the features that the platform has.

Maybe it's more than just one device and having all of the parts of the whole platform aren't required to play NX games, but getting the all the devices will work out to be expensive. Really these tweets don't amount to anything in the way of real information, just vague stuff from someone that some people believe has some knowledge.