By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Sucks

Which one do you like?

My Nintendo 25 26.60%

Club Nintendo 69 73.40%

Total:94

The real problem is that most of the coins vanish after like 1/2 months...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
A question guys...

Yesterday I got an email for a "For you" discount of 50% on Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley for 3DS.
Did everyone get that one? Because i don't see that one on the My Nintendo site.

I didn't get that one, but I vaguely remember getting a different one a while ago (deleted the e-mail, so I can't say for which game it was).

Special discounts tailored to specific users aren't a problem when Nintendo has access to your purchasing history and/or playing history.

Aha, I suspected as much. I have been full digital since 3DS/Wii U so Nintendo must know everything. Everything :p.

I wonder how that will play out with the NX. Will I get (far) better discounts then others because i'm already digital...? Iwata did mention this in the past.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

RolStoppable said:
There are only gold and platinum coins. There may also be the category of Miitomo coins, but they are platinum all the same. The main difference between gold and platinum coins is that you get the former for spending money on the eShop while you get the latter for tasks that are not about spending money. Logically, gold coins have a higher value when you are about to redeem them for rewards.

The My Nintendo website has a menu button at the top left from where you can easily access the mission page (to look up how you can earn coins) and the reward page. It's a lot better than Club Nintendo because new rewards are added more frequently, and if you are logged in with your account on the website, you get notifications at the time that new rewards are added.

I agree, but one thing ois bad about My Nintendo: physical game purchases don't give you any coins. Nintendo should include physical games with the same reward as digital ones.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
RolStoppable said:
There are only gold and platinum coins. There may also be the category of Miitomo coins, but they are platinum all the same. The main difference between gold and platinum coins is that you get the former for spending money on the eShop while you get the latter for tasks that are not about spending money. Logically, gold coins have a higher value when you are about to redeem them for rewards.

The My Nintendo website has a menu button at the top left from where you can easily access the mission page (to look up how you can earn coins) and the reward page. It's a lot better than Club Nintendo because new rewards are added more frequently, and if you are logged in with your account on the website, you get notifications at the time that new rewards are added.

I agree, but one thing ois bad about My Nintendo: physical game purchases don't give you any coins. Nintendo should include physical games with the same reward as digital ones.

I agree. That would make My Nintendo a lot better than it is right now.

This is partly why I've been highly skeptical of speamig's claims that Nintendo is somehow going to create a wonder OS that beats Apple/MS/Sony/Android/everyone.

They can't even get stuff like this to work really great, they're just not all that good at making OS/eShop/MyNintendo type stuff, which you would expect because they are a game maker with maybe like 2-3% of their already small staff focused on OS stuff.

Their best bet with the NX OS is to use an Android fork. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Don t the coins and available game expire pretty quickly?  So it is hard to acumulate coins over time and it is difficult to save for a game youu may  want because it won t be available long-      Or did they change this?  Also no reward for physical purchases is lame-     Just seems like the way it is set up it would  only appeal to a narrow part of their target demographic- 

RolStoppable said:

The only drawback of this new rewards program is the current lack of coins for buying physical products. Maybe that will change with NX software.

I sure hope so. I had a lot of coins with Club Nintendo but there's no reason for me to try My Nintendo because I don't buy usually digital games on the Wii U and 3DS.

RolStoppable said:
Dunban67 said:

Don t the coins and available game expire pretty quickly?  So it is hard to acumulate coins over time and it is difficult to save for a game youu may  want because it won t be available long-      Or did they change this?  Also no reward for physical purchases is lame-     Just seems like the way it is set up it would  only appeal to a narrow part of their target demographic- 

Coins expire after six months, but most rewards can be redeemed for 100 gold coins or fewer. That's a spending of roughly $/€80 in half a year on the eShop (exact value depends on how good you can make use of the tier system). The cashback ratio is roughly 10%, so if you spent $50 on the eShop and have lost all of those gold coins due to expiration, you'll have missed out on $5.

You can easily get over 1,000 platinum coins (the value of the currently most expensive reward) in half a year and they aren't a loss if they expire because they don't require any spending.

Thanks-  ill look into it further in case they reward physical later-  Most of the e shopp game I/my household buys are VC and indy mostly stuff you can t get physical  but maybe it will add up

Soundwave said:

This is partly why I've been highly skeptical of speamig's claims that Nintendo is somehow going to create a wonder OS that beats Apple/MS/Sony/Android/everyone.

They can't even get stuff like this to work really great, they're just not all that good at making OS/eShop/MyNintendo type stuff, which you would expect because they are a game maker with maybe like 2-3% of their already small staff focused on OS stuff.

Their best bet with the NX OS is to use an Android fork. 

There is nothing wrong with the site. It's actually well designed and easy to use.

The biggest "problem" for some is that it's digital only. And it looks like it will stay that way in the future. If My Nintendo is integral to NX, then it will push big on digital use.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

People still buy physical media with games on them? I thought only confused grandparents did that these days.

But either way, the NX was discovered to not use physical media a long time ago: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/24/nintendo-patent-download-only-console-5357617/

Neither mobile nor PC use physical media any more, this is the last generation consoles will use them as well.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.