By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FBI Seized KickassTorrents

Teeqoz said:
I don't have an ounce of sympathy.

So you dont have an ounce of symphathy for a Ukrainian where they only make 145€ per month? Shame on him for not buying 40€ Blue Ray

Around the Network

Ah, that sucks. Don't worry, another popular torrent hosting site will soon arise from the ashes. I remember awhile back I used to frequent Mininova.org for most torrents before they were ordered to remove all copyrighted content from the site, which was like 99.9% of all content. I used to use WinMX too in the mid 00's, a popular P2P network that arose after Napster's demise, and wasn't as notorious for viruses as Kazaa and Limewire were. Then that got shut down.

Man, we just might be witnessing the end of the "golden era" of the internet.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Ruler said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Why does the US needs to be involved in everything, this is an Ukranian guy in Poland, what the fuck has US to do with an Ukranian boy in Poland, sometimes I think they are really the most hateful nation in the planet, they really think they have the right to do anything anywhere.

i agree, they also except Ukrainians to pay half of their monthly income on the latest Blue Ray. Not everyone is as rich as people in the US.

This is another reason why i only buy Japanese games, you dont see japanese companies going agressivaly after their illegal obtained stuff.

AlfredoTurkey said:

That's alot of "theys" there buddy. I know it's tempting, but generlizing is not such a good idea.

So why i dont see Japanese companies sending their Ninjas to shut down servers? Their stuff like Retro games, Anime, Manga gets priaretd frequantley even on YouTube

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/3/11852146/music-industry-fighting-youtube-dmca (Sony is part of the RIAA)
https://www.vg247.com/2013/02/26/nintendo-targets-brazil-china-mexico-and-spain-in-piracy-report/
https://torrentfreak.com/square-enix-eidos-other-game-giants-all-demand-cash-from-pirates-120115/
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=119647&page=1

I just looked these up quick, I can find more.

Ruler said:
Teeqoz said:

So you dont have an ounce of symphathy for a Ukrainian where they only make 145€ per month? Shame on him for not buying 40€ Blue Ray

Not sure what you are suggesting, are you suggesting if you are poor or dont earn a lot of money you can by all means break the law and steal things?

Its a shame that people in Ukrain are not earning lots of cash, but I dont think its reasonable to say they take stuff that other people have worked hard for for free because of that.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Ruler said:
Teeqoz said:

First of all, how do you know what this specific Ukranian makes?

Second of all, how much he makes is irrelevant. I can sympathize with poor people, and it sucks that people around the world are poor, but that doesn't mean that they get a free pass for comitting crime.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Good. Now if they'd just start arresting people who download illegally...

Thats like 1/3 rd of the worlds population.... the world couldnt sustain keeping that many in there, and for a mostly harmless crime.

JRPGfan said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Good. Now if they'd just start arresting people who download illegally...

Thats like 1/3 rd of the worlds population.... the world couldnt sustain keeping that many in there, and for a mostly harmless crime.

If it would happen then China would become the largest prison population in the world.  USA can't let that happen!  We deserve to be number 1 with are ineffective drug laws.  USA! USA! USA!

Ruler said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Why does the US needs to be involved in everything, this is an Ukranian guy in Poland, what the fuck has US to do with an Ukranian boy in Poland, sometimes I think they are really the most hateful nation in the planet, they really think they have the right to do anything anywhere.

i agree, they also except Ukrainians to pay half of their monthly income on the latest Blue Ray. Not everyone is as rich as people in the US.

This is another reason why i only buy Japanese games, you dont see japanese companies going agressivaly after their illegal obtained stuff.

AlfredoTurkey said:

That's alot of "theys" there buddy. I know it's tempting, but generlizing is not such a good idea.

So why i dont see Japanese companies sending their Ninjas to shut down servers? Their stuff like Retro games, Anime, Manga gets priaretd frequantley even on YouTube

Ukraine is a signatory nation of The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, as is Poland where this guy was apprehended so if you have complaints with enforcement of and governance of copyright, take it up with them, they signed up.  

Oh, and as pointed out earlier, Japanese companies do pursue copyright infringers.  As do other companies from other nations all around the globe.  That is the point of the Berne Convention.

And lastly, this guy is not some poverty stricken nobody, he was the owner of a lucrative site profiting on the illegal distrubution of copyrighted material.  And the bulk of his customers weren't poverty stricken Ukrainians, they were probably people in well off nations (like the states) with plenty of discretionary money to buy a freaking Blu-ray.  

Ruler said:
Teeqoz said:

I guess you are right. I should feel sorry for the owner of this site, who is so poor, he can barely afford the food on his plate. After all, a 54 million dollar net worth doesn't get you much these days.